This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sniper Upgrades (based on a VSR) and Further Guide

Yhea its the TM; I can see what is happening, when the bolt is pulled back, I can watch the nozzle come out of the hop up receiver and drop left. Then when the bolt is returned the nozzle then glances off the side of the hop up on the way back to its original position. I have the two nylon o-rings in the receiver. anyways.....back to work* *reaches for screwdriver**
    Cheers
    Alan
    "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't stop it from putting lego up its bum."

Comment

Originally posted by Wargasm View Post
      Yhea its the TM; I can see what is happening, when the bolt is pulled back, I can watch the nozzle come out of the hop up receiver and drop left. Then when the bolt is returned the nozzle then glances off the side of the hop up on the way back to its original position. I have the two nylon o-rings in the receiver. anyways.....back to work* *reaches for screwdriver**
      Cheers
      Alan

I'm really sorry mate, I think I may have heard of this happening before, but I couldn't tell you what is causing it without having the rifle in front of me to have a look at.

I'm sure it wont take you too long to work it out...

Good luck.

Report on what it was if you can please, it would be good to know.

Originally posted by strettman View Post
      ermmmm.... kinda just oredered 2 G&P mags will zero one let me change the order through emailing them or will i have to ring?
      I think you have to ring matey, sorry... Just so you know, I have heard of people getting ones that feed alright, and people have managed to fix them. So it may not be all that bad (I just wouldn't risk it).

Thanks,

Alex (mj23lj)
      Trader Feedback:
      New Forum: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5557
      Old Forum: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?9461-mj23lj

Comment

When you say drill out how far down until it changes color to the cylinder head?

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper12 View Post
          When you say drill out how far down until it changes color to the cylinder head?
          About 0.85mm according to my digi vernier calipers. :D

Any luck?
          "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't stop it from putting lego up its bum."

Comment

Cheers mate worked a treat, what exactly is the teflon tape mod and how is it done, any pics?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper12 View Post
              Cheers mate worked a treat, what exactly is the teflon tape mod and how is it done, any pics?

Thanks
              Quoted from above:

"Teflon/PTFE Modifications:

On clone rifles the seal of the cylinder head isnít always very good resulting in the loss of potential fps. To solve this, wrap the thread of the cylinder head with Teflon/PTFE a few times and then screw it back on tightly."

Have a quick read next time matey, I made the thread to help people, and reduce the need for upgrade/modification questions.

Thanks,

Alex (mj23lj)
              Trader Feedback:

Comment

i can't get the damn flash hider or what ever it's called on the end of the vsr, any tips?

Comment

it's ok, i managed to get it off but how do i get off the stock barrel spacers? thanks

Comment

my hop-up has stopped doing thew clicks now whenever you move it does anyone know what's the matter. i apologise for filling this thread full of questions

Comment

I think this should be made a sticky, has anyone contacted a Mod to see if that can be done?
                      TK Airsoft- Take one "from" the team

Army Armament L85A1
                      Tokyo Marui P90
                      HFC M9 Special Forces
                      KSC Glock 18c

Comment

i've fixed all the problems i had now thanks

Comment

Strettman, and anyone else who posts on here, If you have a problem that you want me to to have a go at, do post it on here (so other people can help as well, as I can't always answer it), but PM me to tell me you have posted so that I know to have a look ASAP.

Thanks, Hope it's helping people,

Alex (mj23lj)
                          Trader Feedback:

Comment

ah right well, the reason why the hop-up stop clicking was because there was a small spring that was missing because it dropped out and i have managed to find it and the barrel spacer i never magaged to get out so i thought about it and just put the barrel spacers i bought off of you around the stock barrel spacer. by the way just incase you didn't know my VSR 10 came today and it's absolutley mint

Comment

Hey dudes,
                              Just an update on my VSR,
                              RE cylinder nozzle (CN) grinding on hop up:

After checking everything over again and again I could not find anything untoward.
                              Therefore the only viable reason that comes to my mind, would be that I'm running Deepfire trigger sear and piston sear as well as my standard spring guide stopper.

Most likley it would be the sears that may be built to slightly different tolerances in comparision to the normal Layalax sears and as such do not "mesh" too well with my Laylax piston/cylinder. This small error could be enough to force the rear of the cylinder up with the effect of the front of the cylinder being forced down and connecting with the hop up entrance.

Anyhoos short of replacing the trigger sears with laylax to try and test my theory (none just lying about, but I do intend to buy one at some point) or attacking my deepfire sears with my needle files(don't really want to do that until i'm sure they are actually the cause) I chose the third option:
                              Remove the nylon spacer in the end of the receiver and Pad out with duck tape and replace, this has cut down the amount of play in my cylinder when cocking. Additionally I grabbed my trusty needle file set and set about the hop up unit "entrance" this has appeared to do the trick, the CN now slides smoothly into the hop up bucking.

I will keep you posted on if anything untoward occurs (eg extra hop up bucking wear)

Cheers all

Alan Goff

PS any of you dudes heading to GZ Sunday 19th?
                              Last edited by Wargasm; 19 December, 2008, 22:42. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Something I have not read, and am a little curious about, as it is a problem I am about to face....

What about lubrication?
                                What do you use?
                                Where do you use it?
                                How much do you use?

Cheers! G.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

mj23lj Find out more about mj23lj
                                Working...
                                X