• Show
Clear All

• Re: Sniper Upgrades (based on a VSR) and Further Guide

this guy "rogue9" speaks words of wisdom to you
    listen and take it all in :D
    I AM A NOOB ON A MISSION!!!

Comment

Thanks rogue just ordered new spring guide/spring/piston/sears. My gun was running 415 with stock internals and just TM improved hop up but the spring seemed tired now so am treating her to new bits

Only problem is I couldn't find a new spring guide stopper. how will the stock one cope?

Comment

I try to help :P I've had my vsr for about 6 years now i think, and I can take it part with my eyes closed now :P I can help out on most things, but haven't had any experience with any of the trigger systems or nooby's parts.

Well, Ive heard of people running at 450fps and they say that the stock spring guide stopper works fine. I for one did this too! BUT if that thing snaps inside your gun it could cause some serious issues and I didn't want to risk it for too long!
        My gun was running at 430fps with the stock one, but i ony had a 120sp spring in there so i guess it wasnt ever under that much tension...
        Bust a move.

sigpic

Comment

I would also like to point out that when i started, these forums weren't the most popular airsofting forums like they are now, and I got all of my information from the best airsofting snipers on other forums. Unfortunately i don't think I'm allowed to name the forum which is a shame, because they have a dedicated vsr only or Tanaka only sniper threads which are each over 150 pages long, and is essentially my bible of upgrades. I wish mods could import the other forums' thread or something, because seriously its an absolute "sniping haven". Its as if 10 years of knowledge is put into one thread, and its just been abandoned. *sigh*
          Bust a move.

sigpic

Comment

I know what you mean, i used to frequent other forums, My main issue with my bar10 seems to be availability of parts.

Just spent 40 mins fitting new sears, the more i think about it the more concerned I am about the 150P. I really cant go over 500FPS. Tempted to get a 130 and try that until I source a spring guide stopper

Just to add - My fingers really are not made for placing the piston sear spring, took me ages!

Comment

Right, i've got myself a pretty well tuned laylax vsr10. Its got the works and is firing like a charm at 495fps constantly.
              The only issue I have with it though, is it has the stock TM hop in it, and this unit although good compred to most others, is still very flawed. Shoddy plastic parts that wobble and flex etc.
              I've read all of noobies guides etc, and was waiting for him to make more TDC kits, but he's been dormant for some time.
              Does anyone know of any other Hop-Up kits for the vsr that are an improvement of the stock ones? I know PDI/Raven has just bought out one, but that involves converting to AEG barrels, and also my laylax parts may have a fit if they have to mingle with PDI XD
              cheeers
              Bust a move.

sigpic

Comment

Only ever used and only ever will use a stock TM hop unit.

Will recomend a nineball hop rubber but only if you got money to burn as the stock rubber is fine as it is.

Not experienced it first hand, but heard and read people having issues fitting and getting good results out of fitting an after market hop unit.

My advice would be to use threadlock on all screws etc, clean it all up before hand.

Failing that, if its coming loose and going webly, re tap all holes and fit bigger screws or just buy a new standard TM hop unit

Comment

Rogue did you use laylax spring guide? I am having a nightmare trying to get my stopper to work with this

Comment

Badas: I have the firefly hard hop rubber PTFE'd : forgot to say that! Its accurate, BUT i've seen better. Nooby has made some serious good stuff, technically its flawless. Unfortunately its never in stock.

And Migwar: If your spring is a strong spring, the trigger stop thing that you push up into the trigger may not get in there. In this case, take the barrel off (theres a small screw and then unscrew the barrel)
                    When its off, take off the cylinder head to loosen the tension of the spring, and then push the stop up. Reverse and put everything back
                    Bust a move.

sigpic

Comment

Thanks, Just seems to be one problem after another on this bar10. I think most of the problems are due to the tolerences on this rifle

All assembled now and its shooting like crap! just no distance at all

Comment

Total nightmare, just poor mans chrono'd it

looks to be around 350! before the upgrades I had it officially chrono'd at 415. NOw it won't even do both sides of a can cleanly.

I haven't touched the hop unit so I wouldnt have thought that was the issue

Comment

hop fully on?

what power spring you put in it?

greased hte new cylinder internals?

Comment

150SP spring
                            Hop off fully
                            Cylinder greased (systema cyclinder grease) just a smear though

Thanks for responding

Comment

hmm, the poor man's chrono is not reliable though so forget about that and hold out until you get to see a propper chrono.

you need to minorly grease the piston o-ring, spring guide and exterior of the cylinder only.

i would also strip, clean and re assemble the inner barrel and hop unit, its an easy job then you know you have all bases covered.

make sure the cylinder spring is fitted so the tighter coiled parts are at the bottom on the spring guide too.

Comment

Thanks badass,

I wouldn't rely on the chrono per se. But i could see the thing wasn't shooting right, My shotgun currently out ranges it!

Barrel and hop up is next thing to check. thanks

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

mj23lj Find out more about mj23lj
                                Working...
                                X