This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Sniper Upgrades (based on a VSR) and Further Guide

So the rifleS bolt locks back or does it slam forward,??

Comment

just stays locked back, I've had slam firing on another rifle, but never had the bolt actually lock back :s

Comment

take the cylinder internals out mate, also check you have a correct spring guide stopper installed,

lube it up and try again,

Comment

Nothing has been touched its still stock, everything was all working flawlessly.

I'll have another crack tonight, otherwise il just replace everything or get sumone to upgrade it.

Comment

What sort of range would you expect out of a g-spec running at 380 with a firefly rubber ?

Ta

Comment

Go test it and find out!

Comment

i meant 450 haha upgrading it from 380. Shooting to 50m at the moment, do you know what range increase ill get from the extra 70fps ?

Comment

Had 80 to 90 metres+ from 450fps

Comment

Hi guys
                    Have read through this entire post, my site limite is 360fps,
                    So I should use? Pss10 sp100 spring
                    And I wish to have a good accuracy so might invest in a tbb.

Is it necessary change the stock TM rubber?

Do I need to upgrade any thing else?

Thanks guys!

Bring courious how much range should I expect at around 350fps with tbb?
                    sigpicSRC Custom for sale - element gear set and bearing piston head, SHS steel tooth piston, Lonex tappet and steel bearing spring guide, Madbull Hop rubber 6.03 TBB

Comment

Personally I wouldn't bother with a sniper at 360fps unless your 100% happy with slowish loading of a BB, only real benefit is near silent firing and accuracy but not so much of a range advantage over a well done up AEG.

But if you are wanting to snipe i would recomend a tightbore (longest possible even if it goes into your silencer) and stick with the TM hop rubber.

I would also say to chop your current spring until it is FPS safe, don't make it too short otherwise you get firing issues and would need to buy a new spring.

Then consider making it as silent as possible

Comment

Ok thx for the advice.
                        So I should buy a sp110 spring and make it fires under 360 by chopping the spring?

Or can I get a sp100 spring and add some kind of shim on spring guide? I thought it will make it feels safer cos I don't really trust chopped spring.

Has anyone used a chopped spring in sniper before?

I really like the felling of sniping and being sneaky so inorder to make the rifle silent I should get barrel spacers and fill the empty spaces with foam? I'm wondering if I can use bubble wrap?

Originally posted by badas View Post
                        Personally I wouldn't bother with a sniper at 360fps unless your 100% happy with slowish loading of a BB, only real benefit is near silent firing and accuracy but not so much of a range advantage over a well done up AEG.

But if you are wanting to snipe i would recomend a tightbore (longest possible even if it goes into your silencer) and stick with the TM hop rubber.

I would also say to chop your current spring until it is FPS safe, don't make it too short otherwise you get firing issues and would need to buy a new spring.

Then consider making it as silent as possible
                        sigpicSRC Custom for sale - element gear set and bearing piston head, SHS steel tooth piston, Lonex tappet and steel bearing spring guide, Madbull Hop rubber 6.03 TBB

Comment

I have chopped several springs for sniper rifles and AEG's, never had anything go wrong and not had any complaints, also accuracy and fps consistency was great too.

Just cut them clean and file / grind to a safe tip (not super pointy).

Fit the barrel first then chrono and decide what needs doing after. Do you know the current stock FPS of the rifle?

Don't bother with using washer's or spacers, just get the right spring/cut it right.

Make your own barrel spacers using electrical tape - cheap and can make a shed load of them for nothing hardly.

No point filling the gap with anything, you won't hardly notice anything but more weight. You could experiment with fittign a wooden barrel spacer to absorb vibration but that's a home made thing.

With a propperly setup rifle and perfect air seal i had a 500fps Maruzen APS2 and chopped spring which resulted in it being easier to cock than a stock VSR

Comment

thx alot!
                            The stock fps was 290-300, do I need to drill the cylinder pin if I want to change the spring? If not I will get a new spring in but if yes then I might just keep it stock as I don't have tools.

I will get a laylax barrel and as you said do the barrel spacer using tape. Also will ptfe the hop up bit.

Comment

Dont know if its been mentioned in the thread yet but i made vsr hop arms for the vsr which increase hop effect with heavier ammos, no need for any arm mods or anything just slap it in and your done.

Comment

• Does it work well with lower god (say 410 fps with .2 but using .3)
                                I AM A NOOB ON A MISSION!!!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

mj23lj Find out more about mj23lj
                                Working...
                                X