This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Sniper Upgrades (based on a VSR) and Further Guide

That's a good point, how well do those hop arms you make work on 0.43g bb's. I've had to romp my hop to full and it still slightly underhops each shot, this is with a stock arm and a hard firefly.

Also, what's the unit price per one of those, interested in an investment.
    sigpic

Comment

There is two types an early type for heavier ammo and a late type for not so heavy ammo. I know i recieved several emails from players who tried them and saw an instant improvment with heavy ammo. the idea is you shouldnt have to full hop just to get range, you want your hop unit to get full hop at 1/2 way to 3/4 then reach a point when its over hopping. Obviously you dont want to run it over hopping but at least when you go to far you can bring it back and you know youve reached max potential.

Here ill copy an paste an email i recieved back, feedback by the way im always happy to recieve, ie if someone wants something else making or if they need altering in any way. After initial tests by guard sniper i adjusted the main fitting hole to be a little more forgiving on install its still tight but easier.

": just wanted to let you know that me and 2 friends brought the new VSR 10 hop arms and used them this weekend. We all have fully laylax upgraded TM VSRs, and all had problems before installing your arm with under hop with 0.36g and 0.40g bbs with the guns reaching 75 meters where the hop falls off and the bb hits the floor. Now we have your hop arms all the guns will hit a real man (tested) 4 out of 5 times with a 0.36g or a 0.40g bb at 100 meters with just over half hop up.

Well done we were all impressed with these arms and don't think there was many cases of us being out of range.
      "
      They are only 15 squids and certainly worth a shot based on the average amount VSR owners spend on there guns... it could be the cheapest yet most effective upgrade of all.

Remember it shouldnt have any effect on accuracy.. thats the hop rubbers job, what it will do is adjust sooner when you turn the hop. Thus pushing down more on the bb when you need it, thus giving more effect before maxing out, in fact i dont think you can max these out especially the early type. If i had to offer advice though i would recommend it with a firefly hop rubber.

Comment

Hi all,

After selling my old Laylax upgraded VSR I now have another one and I want to upgrade it with PDI parts.

I have decided on the bull barrel base with the front bull barrel P and the V2 trigger. I am led to believe the VC cylinder set is useless with an inner barrel shorter than 500mm so am going for the HD set but I'm not sure which type: Precision Cylinder Set HD, Precision Palsonite Cylinder Set HD and Precision Cylinder Compo Set HD.

Also which PDI spring will I need for 500 fps?

Also if I remember rightly I use the nineball soft hop rubber for a 500 fps sniper?

Regards all,
        George

Comment

Originally posted by The Collector View Post
          Hi all,

After selling my old Laylax upgraded VSR I now have another one and I want to upgrade it with PDI parts.

I have decided on the bull barrel base with the front bull barrel P and the V2 trigger. I am led to believe the VC cylinder set is useless with an inner barrel shorter than 500mm so am going for the HD set but I'm not sure which type: Precision Cylinder Set HD, Precision Palsonite Cylinder Set HD and Precision Cylinder Compo Set HD.

Also which PDI spring will I need for 500 fps?

Also if I remember rightly I use the nineball soft hop rubber for a 500 fps sniper?

Regards all,
          George
          Palsonite is the best. And I think it's something like the 360% spring that gets it to 500FPs. And don't use soft hop up for a rifle of that higher power, go for a hard hop up rubber if you can.
          Originally posted by psirus101
          I once got a player 100+ metres away by just pointing my finger and shouting "PEW PEW PEW". He took his ****ing hit!

Comment

Don't know if this is relevant in this post, but here it goes.

Anyone had any luck converting a dboys k98 using vsr internals?

If anyone has had any luck doing this, can they provide a guide, or would they do it for a fee?

Cheers guys let me know if there's a better place I can put this

Comment

Hi, sorry to but in but if i wanted to upgrade a jg bar 10 to 400 fps, would i need anything else other than a spring, hop rubber, and barrel spacers

Comment

you wouldn't need any of that. bar-10's stock shoot at 400-450fps.
                I would suggest adding teflon tape to the thread of the cylinder head, you will get a gain of roughly 20fps.
                Originally posted by psirus101
                I once got a player 100+ metres away by just pointing my finger and shouting "PEW PEW PEW". He took his ****ing hit!

Comment

Hey guys, been out of action for about a year and a few things I've noticed:
                  a) these forums (the classifieds in particular) have become less busy, even though the sport is on the rise! Where is everyone?!

b) there are so many "how upgrade vsr now?" threads being used, instead of this one - where are the almighty mods?

c) there are TWO new bolt handles for sale, OTHER than laylax, that'd fit a vsr. - the "SPEED m24/vsr" and the "custom angel". I have bought the speed vsr bolt handle (£29) and will report back on whether it actually fits the vsr.

d) there is a new and easier way to do the TDC modification on vsrs. I'm very tempted to do it, but I've shimmed my hop to the point where I don't get the VSR right hook, so I don't think it is worth it just yet.

e) there is a new line of EZ vsr upgrades available. Has anyone tried and tested these? Is their version of the zero trigger on par with the laylax/PDI versions? Due to their price being half that of Laylax, I was almost tempted to puchase an item, UNTIL i realised they are only compatible with one another. This I believe is a great marketing ploy BUT I see there being a shortage of parts in the future...
                  Bust a move.

sigpic

Comment

I kinda feel like I'm talking to myself here, but here goes. My new speed bolt handle arrived in the post today. First impressions: very well built and a solid feel to it. Some serious weight as well. £29 price tag on it is cheaper than Laylax but still quite hefty for what it is.

The only issue I have is that my rifle is actually 200 miles away right now... anyone able to see whether, from the photos, this shape would actually fit the vsr? It's for the m28 rifle, but I was told they are compatible.

From what I remember, this is the same design as the bolt handle I placed upon my teflon cylinder... fingers crossed

Bust a move.

sigpic

Comment

• I'm listening :D
                      I AM A NOOB ON A MISSION!!!

Comment

Has anybody tried to mount a Leupold one-piece scope base to their VSR, in particular the Rem 700 short action? I'm wondering how well the holes in the mount match up with those in the receiver.

Comment

Has anyone had any experience with any of the PDI Bore up VC Cylinder sets? as I'v managed to get myself a decent deal on one, I know that i'll need the smaller receiver rings
                          sigpic
                          View iTrader Rating Here
                          Looking for Kjw KC-02 Parts(Ra-tech, Kjw, etc..) PM me!

Comment

They are good if you are going for a longer barrel. You really want to match cylinder and barrel volume as close as you can.
                            Trader Feedback:
                            New Forum: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5557
                            Old Forum: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?9461-mj23lj

Comment

hey guys, I've been challenged by my housemate to get my gspec vsr below 350 so i can try and use it in my local cqb site. spoke with owner hes ok with it just needs to bring it down. Anyone know what spring be best to bring it down?

Comment

Hey guys

Looking for a little bit of advice on a build I am soon to start working on. I am like others here building a 350 max bolt action based on the TM G-Spec.

The idea is that it will be silent as possible. From what I have learnt on here to achieve this either using expanding foam or more likely cotton wool in the hole areas of the stock, and to invest in some barrel spacers and a piston damper. Barrel wise I am looking at getting a Laylax 6.03 barrel 350mm as from what I have read anything over this length only increases the FPS rather than accuracy.

Now what I really want to know, wha barrel spacers are the best for there buck and how many do I really want?
                                What piston damper should I get and how of an effect will this have on the FPS?
                                With this FPS limit is there any point in getting a different hop rubber and nub and what weight BB's would be ideal?
                                Zeroin - Come for the airsoft. Stay for the trolling.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

mj23lj Find out more about mj23lj
                                Working...
                                X