Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L96 sound suppression?

hi guys,

i'm just wondering what will i have to do to my l96 in order to make it 'less noisey' if that is possible (it's not overly loads, just it kinda stops me being a sneaky f**ker?

cheers guys

-Kev
    Originally posted by The Keeper of Secrets
    It's a well known fact that more Magpul on your M4 = bigger penis.

Re: L96 sound suppression?

Split the stock and pad it out with close cell foam. works a treat. Or if its already modded up you "can" drill a hole and inject it with expanding foam, then trim the excess that oozes with a stanley knife. Seen it done but too scared to try it! Both pretty effective.
    sigpic

Comment

you mean put the foam in between the ABS 'shell,cover' and the metal mechanics?
      Originally posted by The Keeper of Secrets
      It's a well known fact that more Magpul on your M4 = bigger penis.

Comment

that can be done - but IMO you risk blowing the stock.

get a mate to shoot it while you stand at your approx engagement distance - spring rifles always sound louder next to your face than they do down range.

add in the general noise of a skirmish and you are probably quite quiet already.

failing that - padding the stock is a good option. - silencers take some of the crack out of the shot also.

Mac
        Originally posted by Coz
        Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
        http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

For internal noise dampening

buy the laylax cylinder head and install damening sorbathane pads

get barrel spacers Installed as these reduce noise also

fill the hills stock with sound absorbing foam or expanding spray foam

And an over barrel silencer will nearly illiminate all sound on the shot if the spring is less then a 150

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

kbates Find out more about kbates
          Working...
          X