Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

How does an airsoft gas bolt action work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does an airsoft gas bolt action work?

Not sure if this should be here or in "gas guns":

Could someone point me to a description/diagrams about how airsoft gas bolt actions work?
    Things like gas storage, valves, how the gas gets to the BB, etc.

Thanks

Re: How does an airsoft gas bolt action work?

Depends on the make and model.

Some work on gas in the magazine, some hold the gas in the bolt all the time, others have an external tank.

I'll list them for you.

A)The gas is stored in the bolt, you simply cock the gun to load the next round and it releases a certain amount of gas from the reservoir.

B)The gas is stored in the magazine, when the gun is cocked and it loads the next round the actual gas is transferred into the bolt ready to be released

C)The gas is stored in an external tank (Mostly on CO2 upgraded AW .338's or similar). The magazine has a pipe coming out onto an external supply (generally CO2 in a small bottle) which when the gun is cocked it acts like the magazine gassed guns but just the gas has to travel from the bottle to the magazine then to the gun.

Overall B & C are the best methods as you will have a bigger gas reservoir and be able to hold more shots.

The above info is to the best of my limited knowledge on gas guns (I have yet to get one to tinker with so if any info is wrong someone with the relevant knowledge please correct it)

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

If the gas is stored in the magazine:

The bolt is cocked back, which both chambers the next bb and cocks the hammer back.

When you pull the trigger, the hammer is released, it hits the gas valve, releasing a shot of gas through the bolt behind the bb, forcing it down the barrel.

That's based on a KJW M700 anyhow.

Comment

You can also pipe a co2 feed, into a bolt-held-gas bolty. Maverics SP M40 was rigged like this.
        sigpic
        Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
        I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

No1_sonuk Find out more about No1_sonuk
        Working...
        X