HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP!

Ok, so last saturday i purchased a systema gearbox (£200) , had a 110 spring put in it and also purchased a systema high speed motor.

used it last sunday and rof was crazy and range was great too.

used it this on saturday and was work fine and all of a suppen the piston & pinion head both broke!!!

any suggestions on what could of caused this....rof too high?
    someone suggested 110 spring could be too much (chrono'd at 347fps)
    someone suggested it needed a delayer or mosfet

still fairly newish to this so any suggestions welcome... thanks in advance

Steve

Re: HELP!

Originally posted by Steveuknotts View Post
    someone suggested it needed a delayer or mosfet
    I reckon this one.
    Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
    Just because something is in Transformers 2 doesnt make it real.

Comment

No and nope. None of the above will make any difference. All the delayer does is help feeding.

What you need to do is buy a decent piston. The systema pistons are one of the worst available. TM is a good choice. Then you need to shave off 2 wisdom teeth

The 2 after the chunky pickup tooth (ones that are mauled).

Also the systema pinions aren't great unless you have perfect shimming and don't hold your finger on the trigger for prolonged times. A Guarder pinion head will solve that.

Comment

Originally posted by hunter101 View Post
        No and nope. None of the above will make any difference. All the delayer does is help feeding.
        Crawls back into my corner......
        Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
        Just because something is in Transformers 2 doesnt make it real.

Comment

systema pistons are only good with high power set ups with low rate of fire as my m4 piston has lasted me a year now with about 60,000 rounds

Comment

thought having systema internals and motor would be fine,,,,,, just working out to be expensive!!!

rof great but now thinking its too fast!

only purchased last week (new) now need new piston & new pinion and probably need to sent it off to be done as not confident enough to do it!!

Comment

and have to admit i can be trigger happy...... guessing i cant do that anymore!

Comment

Also a Metal 7mm Bushing with Ball Bearing broke????????????? god knows how???

what would be the best replacement for it??

Comment

modify stuff mate

Comment

take the gear box back and get modify gearbox mmmmm drools over modify

Comment

modify gearbox?

Comment

modify are the best by far

Comment

Originally posted by Could Not Think Of A Name View Post
                          Crawls back into my corner......
                          Alot of people tend to just believe what people tell them. Not saying you did that, but if lot's of people say the same thing, it's like gods given law in airsoft. It's all trial and error really. I have been through at least 5+ pistons in my high speed setups. It's always the most expensive thats the best. It's all about matching all the pieces and maintaining things, to keep reliability. Which is a hard thing to do in high ROF setups.

Right, for a super high rof setup ideally you need metal bushings, not bearings. Unless you buy proper bearings like Kanzen. Cheap bearings get shot easily, and cause quite abit of damage in some cases.

A Modify gearbox would have been the better option, but systema will do with a new piston with the mod i listed and a decent pinion head. Get some decent quality bushings or kanzen/modify bearings.

They will solve the issue. Prolonged shooting in a setup with a systema motor i have to admit isn't a good idea though. Wiring will heat up very fast, and will have a tendency to break/catch fire. An AB mosfet would be a good aquisition, however i wood say send it off to get it fitted properly.

Comment

Mods please close

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Steveuknotts Not finished it yet! lol Find out more about Steveuknotts
                            Working...
                            X