VSR-10 Maintenance (Lubrication)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VSR-10 Maintenance (Lubrication)

I have read through all the other threads regarding lubricating a bolt action rifle and have found peoples advice to be slightly conflicting.

I have a VSR-10 with a fully upgraded internals (Laylax cylinder, cylinder head, piston, spring, spring guide, bolt handle, etc) and was wondering what exactly I should lubricate and which lubricant to use where?

I have heard that a silicon grease such as "Systema Cylinder Grease" should be used to grease the inside of the cylinder, however I was wondering if this should also be used to lubricate the spring, spring guide and piston as well or if a silicon spray should be used for these? I have also heard that grease should not be used to lubricate the outside of the cylinder as this causes the cylinder to collect a lot of dirt, so should I use a silicon spray to lubricate the outside instead? Also which should I use to lubricate the bolt handle end of the cylinder?

Re: VSR-10 Maintenance (Lubrication)

ok only use silicon grease/spray products as this dose not eat away at your 'o' rings or any other petrolium based parts useuse the grease in the piston and the nozzle basicly silicon spray for less wear parts such as the outside of the charging bolt and cleaning the outside of the gun for a wipedown, use the grease on the inside of the piston (don't paste it on) on the piston head infront and back of the 'o' ring - use a small layer about as thick as butter on toast, and on any other hard 'wear and tear' parts such as any barings.

you need to get rid of any old lubricant before putting on any fresh as this can make a big differance

first wipe off the old stuff with kitchen roll as this dosent leave a load of pieces that toilet paper dose -so use kitchen roll

next use methalated spirits onto the kitchen roll before wiping the parts

now just spray onto the parts in small bursts as this stuff can go all over (with spray there is little chance of over lubricating

you can use the spray on the piston but it needs to be maintained more than grease

so you just need from tool trade shops
    silicon spray £2
    silicon grease £3
    and you need methalated spirits (purple stuff) £2

cheap and effective performance in your gun :priceless (almost)
    Originally posted by DCRISP07
    An argument over screws, only on Zeroin :P

Comment

Re: VSR-10 Maintenance (Lubrication)

easy thing mate . silicon spray for the orings . white lithium grease for the metal workin parts like spring , cylinder , bolt housin . 3.99 each from b and q

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Brute Find out more about Brute
      Working...
      X