L96 mag getting stuck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L96 mag getting stuck

The mag sin my recently swapped 2nd hand L96 are getting stuck in the magwell. Pressing the release catch is freeing it with a click, but trying to take them out of the rifle is a real struggle. They seem to pop in and out of the stock on its own when the gun is dissasembled.

anyone else had this problem? anyone know if its a common problem/fix?

Re: L96 mag getting stuck

Soundsllike the body is not seated with the gun properly so the plastic may be catching the mag. I think Myy son had this problem. I will see if he still has his L96 and if there were problems like this. I am assuming it is the warrior l96?
    Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

spray some silicone oil in and on the top of the mags and keep pressing in and out the mag with your hands (carefully but with some speed) for a minute or so until it feels smooth and then you should be find for a while

apparently its a common problem with L96's, i have 3 mags and i think its happend to all of them a few times but the silicone oil helped alot.

Comment

ok thanks will give that a try asap, not sure if it will work, as the mags themselves seem very springy and dont offer much resistancewhen pressed outside of the magwell?

Comment

Originally posted by jfox61 View Post
          Soundsllike the body is not seated with the gun properly so the plastic may be catching the mag. I think Myy son had this problem. I will see if he still has his L96 and if there were problems like this. I am assuming it is the warrior l96?
          yes its the warrior/well version. The forward frame that can come apart from the body is a little wobbly, but it seems like the the rear catch, where there is a little protruding lip on the mag, and a little slot for that to fit into the magwell, thats causing the problems.

Comment

Just discovered that the mag catch is actually supposed to be screwed onto the outer barrel. Rather than free floating like mine is currently. How do I screw it in?

Comment

generally i think its a little grub screw if i remember rightly (its been a while since i stripped mine and now its been swapped to guard I'm not so sure, have a word with him and he will tell you for defo the screw needed etc)

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

Ok. I have a small screw with a nut on the it as well, clamping the screw to the mag catch. But the mag catch is not actually attatched to anything it's a separate piece on it's own at the moment! I will get in touch with him

Comment

The mag catch is screwed into the hop unit via a small screw that fastens it to the outer barrel

then won't be lose or free floating also the body is too tight so gently and lightly file the rimms of the mag well and the mags will freely fall out

Comment

That's great thank you. Unfortunately I'm at work right now, so don't have any pictures, but there is a small gold coloured but on the thread of the screw at the moment as well. Does this have to be on the inside of the outer barrel? Or is this not an actual part at all?

Comment

On the hop unit there are two holes

One big retangular one where the mag sits and loads the bb

Another small one above that where a gold hole is seated , this is where the mag catch screws into once the hop unit is inside the outer barrel

Comment

The hole on mine isn't gold, so perhaps what has happened is whoever disassembled this rifle accidentally forgot to put this gold nut back in the rifle, and has screwed it onto the thread externally?

Comment

ok, managed to get that mag catch screwed in good. I was right the nut was from the inner barrel, and had been left out when re assembled earlier. its now in, and mags come out a little easier. still not very smoothly though. they seem to be clamped very tightly. are there any other ways of sorting this other than filing? not 100% sure about actively destroying internals, no matter how little!

Comment

As I cut shave a bit from the body walls of the mag catch and will fall out perfectly

Comment

Originally posted by guard-sniper87 View Post
                              As I cut shave a bit from the body walls of the mag catch and will fall out perfectly
                              like on the sides, where it curves round to grip the mag?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Boo-Sabum Ben Instructor & Umpire with the International Taekwon-Do Federation Find out more about Boo-Sabum Ben
                              Working...
                              X