Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

the difference between AEG cylinders and bolt action cylinders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the difference between AEG cylinders and bolt action cylinders?

Just out of curiosity, is there any actual difference between cylinders for AEG's, and Bolt action sniper rifles?

from pictures i see that there is a small strip along the side of the cylinder, thats you can see through, for snipers, but I'm not sure if this actually serves any purpose?

can you whack any ordinary AEG cylinder, assuming it matches the length of the barrel, and hey presto?

I have a new spring, cylinder head. spring guide, and the original stock cylinder, just wondering about the outer cylinder casing as it were...

Re: the difference between AEG cylinders and bolt action cylinders?

are you talking about the piston? as long as the dimentions fit there shouldn't be any problems.
    Originally posted by DCRISP07
    An argument over screws, only on Zeroin :P

Comment

Nah not the piston, literally the silver cylinder casing

Comment

Don't do this. It won't work.

Comment

That "small strip" as you call it is there so the spring guide stopper and piston sear can work it's magic.

Comment

yeah just discovered this whilst trying to change the spring and air nozzle. put the cylinder in upside down and the trigger mech wouldnt go in. its annoying as i can only find entire sets of the cylinder, which include all the working parts. all i need is the metal casing! and a new piston. the pdi laylax spring is too wide for the stock piston. dammit!

Comment

That would be because you haven't purchased the bore up cylinder or the wrong size spring.

Dont try and mix AEG or sniper parts, other than barrel if you use the right hop chamber.

As said the slit on a cylinder is for the sears to work on the piston etc.

This and Sniper cylinders are around 3 times longer than an AEG cylinder.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

Yeah don't worry I won't be using any aeg cylinders! Yeah the spring is too wide, so it doesn't actually go inside the piston, it sits behind it and pushes it from the end. Annoying because the shop I got it from mentioned nothing about it requiring a dedicated piston!

Comment

Ah sounds like you are mixing the EZY and vacuum kits, but that said must be weird with the springs as its generally the spring guide and piston that don't match up not the spring and piston.

Comment

Well, the spring is a laylax 140 spring, 9mm wide, and a laylax spring guide, 9mm again, they both fit in the cylinder fine, but the stock warrior piston doesn't fit over the spring. The cylinder head that I got is a laylax damper cylinder head. So it's all laylax apart from the piston and cylinder casing.

The box for the sprig says on it that it is too wide for the stock piston, please buy the laylax piston to go with it. Would have been nice to have that written on the website as well really

Comment

Classic retailer approach there, make you have to get it to find you need the piston then have to pay for another item and the extortionate P&P

Comment

Yeah. **** ******* are usually quite good. **** ********* are better cos they only charge the full tenner of it's over 1.5 kg. If not they refund the difference!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Boo-Sabum Ben Instructor & Umpire with the International Taekwon-Do Federation Find out more about Boo-Sabum Ben
                        Working...
                        X