Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VSR Modified hop arm?

Hello,

Hoping someone can help, I remember reading how to modify the hop arm on a vsr hop unit to increase the hop using 0.36, can any one possibly help me or mabye show me where to look?

cheers,

Re: VSR Modified hop arm?

Where to look in terms of how to get to the hop arm? For that just look up any take down guide for a vsr. To increase the amount of hop all you have to do is put anything on the hop nubs to increase their size. I did it by just putting a few pieces of sellotape over. This worked fine because the hop arm only comes into contact with the rubber so it doesn't really come off.

Comment

Thanks, I'll wrap some tape around the nub tommorow and give it a bash

Comment

couple of wraps of PTFE tape around the hop arm should sort you out.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

didnt have any ptfe tape handy so used normal tape.. done the job pretty darn well! thanks for the tip guys

Comment

Get some PTFE though as at least you know thats tried and tested not to have any side effects etc on the hop rubber, I wouldn't guarantee that standard sellotape wouldn't cut the rubber with the edges that can be caused by the sticking etc.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

beleive it or not ive used small strips of black tape and no sharp edges touch the rubber.. will reply it when i get some ptfe tape .. as you say it wont damage the rubber

Comment

I just used a thicker bit of biro i found after stripping about 7 pens lol

Originally posted by Metalbody
                pulling one off certainly feels good

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

koolance Find out more about koolance
                Working...
                X