anyone machined their own parts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone machined their own parts?

As title? - I know we have a few engineers on here and I wondered if anyone had machined their own parts?

I am tempted to make a spring guide out of bronze (touch more slippery)

mac
    Originally posted by Coz
    Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Re: anyone machined their own parts?

Not exactly machined.

You should recognise where it's situated. The idea was, by having a through bar on the adjuster, you'll be applying pressure to both sides of the hop unit, rather than pressure strait up, which in turn acts upon the external adjustment arm, wearing it, and causing the right hook over distances. This design has indeed reduced my right hook, and made my rifle more predictable. There's still some right hook though, because I struggled to get the flat part of the roller, properly flat. I was going to have another go at it, but never really felt the need.

Made with a bench drill, sand paper, files and a dremel.
    sigpic
    Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
    I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

that's pretty cool mate! - I am very tempted to have a go at that myself!
      Originally posted by Coz
      Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
      http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

have had a few parts made for me including the piston, cylinder head

was brilliant for the material used mate

alot more realiable result

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Lt. Macka A work offshore in the North Sea. Depending on Internet connection and how busy I am, I'm typically more active on the forums when I'm away offshore. When I'm ashore I'm generally busy with various hobbies. Find out more about Lt. Macka
        Working...
        X