Maruzen l96 magazines sticking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maruzen l96 magazines sticking

Anyone had this problem where the sprung plastic outer doesn't return and so when you release the magazine it stays stuck in the magwell?

Not really sure what to do but it's happened on 2 of 3 magazines i recently got with my rifle.

Any help would be good thanks
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." - Napolean

Re: Maruzen l96 magazines sticking

easy fix mate

the mag well needs to be shaved down a few mm on each edge and the mags will drop out after wards

Comment

No I don't think you quite understood. The way a maruzen mag sits in, it's sprung.

When you release the magazine catch, the sprung part of the magazine extends and pushes the mag out.

It's not catching on the magwell, just not pushing itself out

Comment

oh , sorry

but that easy fix also ,

short spray of silicone oil and keep pressing them down and up etc , to work the pins free

Comment

Just had a crack at these today managed to get them all working.
          Silicone oil made the action smoother but they were still sticking when fully pressed down.

Anyone else with the same problem. Basically you need to file down the depressable bit around the leading (front ) edge, and the side around roughly where I have (both sides) and they shouldn't stick again.

guard- thanks but it wasn't the pins unfortunately that were causing the jam.

It doesn't look amazing, but they're inside the rifle and it stops a broken mag from being on the chuck pile

I've added a colour enhanced saturated pic which should help see which bits I had to file down to get it to slide freely.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

HunterAndy Find out more about HunterAndy
          Working...
          X