Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hard to pull back...

hello,

using an l96 and the guns firing at 449.9fps on every shot atm with 0.2's which is ok but its verry hard to pull the cylinder back and i can't understand why as its a teflon cylinder, everything is lubed up except for the outer surface of the cylinder.

i used to have a 460+ fps rifle with a normal cylinder that was far easier to pull back and so this teflon cylinder puzles me :S

any reason to why its being so difficult?

thanks

edit.. the pull back motion of the cylinder is smooth and can be done time and time again but puzzled by how difficult it is.

ty

Re: hard to pull back....

It is actually a good sign. Means you have good seal in your cylinder so its harder to cock but means your gun is more powerful. Try the method me and guard use(d). Thumb around the block of the cocking handle, fingers around the handle and pull back. Also helps pull straight back and allows you to get more grip on the cylinder to pull back.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

I find my 510 FPS L96 Type 96 incredably hard to pull back too, it doesn't help as I'm a lefty :D

I was thinking of cutting down the spring; any idea if that would make a considerable difference? Perhaps shave 100 fps off....

Comment

Thanks guys, I wouldn't like to cut a spring I would just buy new. @aribos, what spring should I fit for higher fps but to remain just under 500? I have a fully upgraded cylinder, normal hop and rubber but a 6.01 tb barrel.

Thanks

Comment

Re: hard to pull back...

no need to install a FPS spring .....

due to the power , leave it as it is . just get a better hop unit and madbull rubber(red)

also maybe install the three stage piston and laylax cylinder head ,

so the upgraded parts will be delivering a more constant airflow allowing a better flight after being shot so more consistant shots

Comment

Decided not to go pdi hop due to fiddly setup. What benefits do the 3 stage pistons have over the first factory purple piston n red cap? Ty

Comment

p.s. already have the laylax cylinder head fitted

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

badas Find out more about badas
              Working...
              X