vsr/jg bar help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vsr/jg bar help please

Right before a lecture lol ive read the sticky vsr thread and this is not mentioned here.

Right i have a jg bar 10 pro sniper and i recently bought some spares of the forum to sort my gun out how i wanted it looking.

I bought a vsr 10 cylinder.

and a vsr gspec complete barrel, hop and outer barrel/ suppressor.

When i install the cylinder it makes my bar slam fire even though i use all my old bar parts with it such as spring and sears etc, which all work with the old cylinder fine.

also the gspec barrel and other bits wont fit my pro sniper stock? a strengthener near the hop prevents it going in properly, and even if that wasnt there none of it would line up anyway?

now the thing is i thought these jg bars were 100% clones and compatible with TM stuff. its totally done my head in as now im stuck with a crappy looking bar (see my albums) and no TM bits in my gun

Please tell me whats going on with this lol

Thanks joe
    sigpic

Re: vsr/jg bar help please

With regards to slam firing it is most lightly your sears.

Originally posted by Ominous Slayer
    A brain?
    Originally posted by snuff
    Can I borrow yours it's hardly used...

Comment

Even your sears have gone, you can buy a laylax zero trigger which is best but it'll set you back £180 or you can buy pdi piston and trigger sear but it's best to stick to one brand that brings me to my next point some cylinders or piston won't work with other brands of sears.

Give me a list of makes of the parts inside via PM and I'll try and help further

Thanks

Joe - my name also :¬)
      "I guess it comes down to a simple choice. Get busy living or get busy dying."
      Red - Shawshank Redemption

Comment

Or second thoughts you might not have a bar 10 you might have a well vsr clone
        "I guess it comes down to a simple choice. Get busy living or get busy dying."
        Red - Shawshank Redemption

Comment

If you are using a Bar-10 cylinder in a VSR receiver and JG Sears in the VSR-10 trigger mech that may be your problem. The piston sear may not be sitting high enough to engage the piston. (It will hold it but as soon as you attempt to push forward it will slip over the top of the sear).

Try some new sears and/or filing your trigger units catches down (The two flaps at either end of the unit that screw into the receiver)

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

thanks for the info guys,

Its defo not the well clone its a jg. also why doesnt the gspec barrel and stuff fit in the jg bar stock, its pickled me, ive spent loads on this in original parts? could have upgraded the lot in retrospect, but thought it would all work together, im gonna try filing the actual trigger catches down a bit to see if it grips better.
            sigpic

Comment

Got it all sorted now my hop seems weird. The bb doesnt do that smooth whisp upward it just dips straight down no matter what setting its on. Would appreciate help as ive got little hair left lol thanks
              sigpic

Comment

When you have the hop unit out just check if the hop rubber is buggered, move the hop all the way on see if its poking down, if not you may have lost the bucking (some old type hop units have a nub on the hop ups i believe) It could simply be you are using too heavier ammo for the hop rubber. What weight are you testing with??

Comment

Ive tried both .20 and .30 the both seem to dip downwards, hop fully on still the same and the rubber looks fine tbh, it just doesnt seem to give the bb the spin?
                  sigpic

Comment

sometimes tooooo much hop will give this effect. Back the hop right off then increase it one notch at a time between test shots.

flatrajectory

Comment

If you've take the hop up apart the nubbin mite have come out.

Originally posted by Ominous Slayer
                      A brain?
                      Originally posted by snuff
                      Can I borrow yours it's hardly used...

Comment

In general the VSR hops are one piece nub as its attached to the hop arm. If you are still having problems you can always try a bit of teflon around the hop rubber over the "bump"?

Comment

Rifles all sorted now people thanks, i had the hop rubber in the wrong way lol dont see how i did that, fires a dream now and finally running as she should be.

MODS CAN CLOSE NOW.
                          Thankyou
                          sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

JOE90 Small mans syndrome!!!! Find out more about JOE90
                          Working...
                          X