Soft Hop Up in 500fps sniper.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soft Hop Up in 500fps sniper.

Well basically, i've bought myself a maruzen l96, all nicely cleaned and tweaked myself. I bought a prommy hard rubber, lubed the outside, but apparently not enough. When I took out the barrel from the PDI hop up, it snagged and tore a hole where the nub presses in. What i'm wondering is whether I can get away with a TM or prometheus soft hop up rubber ( I have a few knocking about) in a 500 fps set up with .36s, I know it won't be ideal and I won't get the best results but will it offer enough hop up still?

Thanks anyone who can provide a rough idea from experience (what i'm looking for here).
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." - Napolean

Re: Soft Hop Up in 500fps sniper.

Do you use much hop-up already? If not, then go ahead and use it. Results will be less than ideal, but it should last until you can get a replacment?

Soft rubbers just aren't made for over 370 fps, but if it is simply just holding the BB in place, you shouldn't have a problem.

Comment

Re: Soft Hop Up in 500fps sniper.

No! A soft hop will get ripped to shreds!

Use soft for anywhere up to around 360fps anything over that is hard rubber territory. (ooh matron!)

With the TM rubbers etc they might last a few shots but at that FPS they will tear very very easily.

Save yourself some money and time and get a hard rubber on order so that you only have to do the job once. (Well until the hard hop perishes which they all do after a time)

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

HunterAndy Find out more about HunterAndy
      Working...
      X