X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joshh1512
    replied
    Re: Upgrade guide Based on Maruzen type 96

ahh, thats handy, so to adjust the hop i dont need to strip it?? few lol! So how do i adjust it when the hop unit is in the gun, i'm still unsure of what you mean dr.?

Leave a comment:

• guard-sniper87
    replied

badas, there should be two grub screws that can be seen when you cock the rifle, if not, they are 1.5mm by 4mm

And then there are two on the actual side of the hop unit, but that sorts the barrel alignment,

Leave a comment:

• The Dr
    replied

Yea sure I'll take a picture when I remember and I'll keep my eyes out for them buy you'll probably be buying aboard.

Leave a comment:

• badas
    replied

@ The Dr, i need to buy a new PDI hop but can't find one in stock Help! And can you take pics of the side hop arms as i am interested and can't remember them being there on mine but i had it ages ago so forgive me for being a noob at current.

Leave a comment:

• badas
    replied

For a 300 fps rifle all you need is a lower powered spring and job done but to be honest you might as well just get a P90 or M14 as it will outrange most 330fps sniper rifles.

If it is the fact you want the sniper style of gameplay and mechanics then get a lower rated spring and fit a tightbore barrel in there and go play but personally i think you won't enjoy it so much.

Leave a comment:

• cactus
    replied

My main site is 350, but other sites that I plan on going are 400/500.

Im currently running @ 300fps.

Are all the parts i listed compatible with each other?

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• The Dr
    replied

Tbh I don't think there would be any point in changing any more parts as all your gonna need for the 350fps rifle is accuracy.
    Only need for the trigger mech is if your upgrading the spring.

To badas, if we are both talking about the same thing, the two small hop arm grubs are located where the cylinder head goes past. So therefore everytime you cock the gun the grubs are visible, without the mag in.
    If not, what are the side hop arms?
    Ric

Leave a comment:

• joshh1512
    replied

If it's limited to 350fps, you don't really need the zero trigger do you? Stock shouldbe fine i'd of though, and if not get the upgraded trigger sear? and again a teflon cylinder won't bee needed?

Leave a comment:

• badas
    replied

What is your current FPS?

I am currently running a Warrior L96 with a madbull tightbore and 470 fps. Using 0.36g BB's i am hitting 70 metres straight!

measures using google maps measurement tool and the fact i know what 70 metres looks like too :P

A PDI hop and barrel is good enough if you have the right FPS, other parts are not a necessary item, more of a luxary bit of kit for showing off.

Leave a comment:

• cactus
    replied

My finger is on the button for some parts.

Nobody is willing to answer me on my advice thread, so ill put it here.

Im currently the owner of a Mauser L96. I have two upgrades, being Barrel and a PDI hopup.

Im about to buy the:

"Laylax PSS96 Zero Trigger System for Maruzen Type96"
    "Laylax PSS96 Damper Cylinder Head for Maruzen APS Type 96"
    "First Factory PSS2 Barrel Spacer for APS2 SV/OR"
    "Laylax PSS2 Ball Bearing Spring Guide for for Maruzen APS2"

Would these work with the standard cylinder + piston?

And currently finding a company/person to sell me these:

"PSS2 3 Element Piston for APS2 / Type 96"
    "Laylax PSS96 Stainless Teflon Cylinder for Maruzen APS Type 96"

Also, my regular site restricts all guns including snipers to 350fps. Would a Hard Firefly rubber be better than a Soft one? And what bb's would you use with my soon to be setup?

Thanks guys!

(Need the answer right away!)

Leave a comment:

• joshh1512
    replied

Right, so i'll go for the pdi hop chamber, should i stick with the original 'hop-arms', or should i get the high or low set? Just a read somewhere that the 'higharm' was the best to go for?

Leave a comment:

• badas
    replied

You can adjust the PDI hop unit "side hop lever" whilst it is inside the hop unit :S?

How is that possible?

The adjustment grubs are on the outside covered by the outer barrel... atleast my old one was.

It is not hard to fit, it is the adjustment of the hop taking so long and actually sourcing one that annoyed me.

And PDI just somehow work better, they seem to not collect as much crap inside them as a madbull does, just better round quality and seem to be more pollished / higher quality inside from experience.

Leave a comment:

• The Dr
    replied

What is the difference between the PDI and Madbull barrels? Just quality?
    You make the hop unit sound to difficult. All you have to do to adjust it is take out spring guide stopper then pull the cylinder out, turn upside down and you can see the screws.
    Also definitely don't buy they zero trigger unles you really really have too.
    Iv got one because my trigger mech exploded. And even now the zero trigger has broken on me once.
    Ric

Leave a comment:

• badas
    replied

If pdi is cheaper then get it but that is a first for me to see PDI being cheaper :P

I had PDI in a maruzen asp (all was PDI) and the only good thing i found from it was i could get 500fps with a very low powered spring... it was as easy to load as a stock VSR gspec.

But it just sounded noisier and accuracy was shocking but that was more so down to the pdi 6.01 barrel.

I use laylax in everything else and i am allways happy 24/7 with the rifle all done up with laylax.

Difference between home made barrel spacers and bought ones pre made are nothing but the price.. your playing with a BB at the end of the day, you can only make it fly so good.

Teflon and polisonic or whatever it is are no better and are only worth it if you buy them 2nd hand built into a gun already or you get it free as spares :P

I would recomend:

Laylax high pressure piston
    Laylax spring guide
    M170 spring cut down to size
    Guarder / Laylax piston head
    PDI hop unit - if you can be assed taking barrel apart every time to setup the hop
    PDI 6.03/4 inner barrel

Leave the rest stock until it breaks if it does break.

Leave a comment:

• joshh1512
    replied

thanks doc .

sounds good, the only reason i'm tempted to get the pdi set again is because it will be cheaper, the pdi set will be £165 with a spring, and thats the cylinder done, the laylax one will be £100 for cylinder, £20 for guide, £16 for spring, £40 for piston, £25 for head, so thats 200quid... and if pdi give better results and build quality, then... and i can't see me picking those parts up on here, last was months ago... :/

how do homemade barrel spacers compare to the 15quid a set ones? (i'd get 2), would it really make a difference compared to a roll of leccy tape?

thanks!

Leave a comment:

About the Author

Collapse

guard-sniper87 Find out more about guard-sniper87
Working...
X