X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Dr
    replied
    Re: Upgrade guide Based on Maruzen type 96

I tried the prommy rubber and it's the worst rubber Iv ever come across. This isn't just me saying this but the rubber entrance is too small for any BB takes two hands to push the BB through. Iv read that some people couldn't even move the BB at all and had to dismantle the hop. Best is firefly but no-where sells that so I was thinking madbull instead. You mean the cheap like £8 guader rubber?

Leave a comment:

• badas
    replied

I would avoide the madbull rubbers for high end fps ribles, prommy / nineball or maybe guarder as last resort.

Leave a comment:

• The Dr
    replied

Totally agree. Cylinder is not essential go for the hop and barrel obv like you are doing I only got my set as it was going cheap. My madbull V2 6.03 509mm barrel works great with the PDI hop and I'm gonna try a madbull shark hop rubber.
    Good luck dude and have fun

Leave a comment:

• badas
    replied

Thats some expensive words The Dr :P

Hop and barrel makes the biggest difference and cylinder should allways be done last really, the PDI cylinder from experience provides easier cocking of the gun at higher FPS's when assembled and greased up propperly, but thats about it.... Consistency of FPS is on par with a teflon cylinder but a stock cylinder is just as good really.

Leave a comment:

• tolucophoto
    replied

Think I'd just mess it up. Better order a new hopup!
    Let me know if the Hex is any good and if so I'll order one monday. If not I'll keep an eye out for a used stock one or splash out on a Laylax Aerochamber or a PDI.

Thats a good idea. I'd seen those but I wasn't sure a silencer would make any difference with it being a spring.

Do you rate the Madbull Black Pythons, or is there better ones for a similar price?

Btw Badas... I see you're from WYorks. Where abouts do you go skirmishing?

Leave a comment:

• The Dr
    replied

Yea here is a good place to buy upgrades I got:
    Full Laylax Cylinder/Piston Set
    PDI Hop Unit and rubber
    Silencer ADPT
    All for nice low prices. 2nd hand might be slighty worn but atleast you know it works.
    Also for barrel length if you have the aftermarket hop unit get a 509mm barrel as standard is around 500. Mine stuck out the barrel but the silencer adapter covered it up.
    If your keeping the standard hop unit there are plenty of places of including Zeroone that sell barrels for the standard hop.
    PSS96 parts fit the L96 also it's a clone of the Maurzen Type 96 so anything that fits that will fit a Warrior one.
    Ric

Leave a comment:

• badas
    replied

Also you would have to fit a longer than normal inner barrel, so don't cut it down just fit an anfter market silencer adapter and silencer (helps alot too).

The after market adapter should then allow the inner barrel to slidestraight through and poke into the silencer a little. If it won't poke through the after market adapter then you will need to drill the inner hole out a little which is a 2 minute job if you have the tools

Leave a comment:

• badas
    replied

You just use a junior hack saw blade to lightly cut in a groove all the way arround the outside of the inner barrel, saying that though the last one i fitted didn't need any groove being cut onto it.

If you get an aftermarket hop unit such as the hex one then no cutting is needed just buy an AEG barre land fit it straight in with a new rubber.

£18 though is stupidly cheap :S

Iel let you know how it goes with mine after sunday, it does take some time to install propperly but onts its done its fine and alot easier than pdi

Leave a comment:

• tolucophoto
    replied

Yeah i've been googling for the past few days but I'm getting confused about which parts will fit.... Mauzen, Type 96, TM, PSS96, APS2 etc.

Not sure how I would go about cutting the grooves? Any ideas?
    If I got an aftermarket hop up, I wouldn't have to do any cutting would I? Also, I can't find barrels that are the right length anyway (490mm?) so I'd have to trim the end.

I've seen the Hex hop on a US site for about £18. Bit cheaper than the PDI and tbh I don't want the hassle setting it up. Let me know what you think of it.
    If I order the Hex, a madbull and a new rubber that should work shouldn't it?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• badas
    replied

All we can say is google or zeroin website, if it was me i would just question on these forrums to purchase a 2nd hand but good condition stock L96 hop unit as found them to perform the best.

You can then fit a madbull tightbore barrel providing you cut in some grooves so it appears simular to that of the grooves on a stock barrel.

You can go for a PDI hop unit but its a hassle getting it set up, the hex hop is another alternative which im trying out for the first time this sunday

Leave a comment:

• tolucophoto
    replied

I've just bought a Warrior L96. Just fitted some homemade barrel spacers and I'm planning to get a tightbore barrel and a new hop up, because mine is a bit inconsistent but also because part of the black plastic hop up lever has snapped, so ive had to tape it to keep the collar on.
    Can anyone direct me to the right parts to get? I'm having a lot of trouble sourcing parts to fit.
    Cheers
    Last edited by tolucophoto; 15 March, 2011, 22:21.

Leave a comment:

• rockadio00
    replied

just had my l96 out for first time skirmishing 407 consistant all day on .3s (thats stock)
    well happy with that

Leave a comment:

• badas
    replied

nothing really, possibly a more consistent FPS but nothing to suffice the costs of it all unless you are 100% going to be buying more upgrade parts in the future

Leave a comment:

• Vulcan Raven
    replied

What difference would it make if I only purchased the Laylax spring guide stopper and spring guide to start off with? Currently shooting at around 460fps with .2's

Leave a comment:

• guard-sniper87
    replied

on the l96, the teflon bolts need extra care for them to keep sliding and moving freely,

take the rifle to bits when recieve it/ when you can, and remove all grease, regrease but with the following

for metal on metal internals use a small ammount of white lithium grease
    for rubber seals on the piston and cylinder head, use silicone spray/lube.
    for the teflon bolt use teflon grease, a small covering
    for stainless bolt, use white lithium grease

also it would pay to brasso the bolt housing to remove all the crap and dirt and to all smooth and polish it at the same time

Leave a comment:

About the Author

Collapse

guard-sniper87 Find out more about guard-sniper87
Working...
X