X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Upgrade guide Based on Maruzen type 96

What is your current FPS?

I am currently running a Warrior L96 with a madbull tightbore and 470 fps. Using 0.36g BB's i am hitting 70 metres straight!

measures using google maps measurement tool and the fact i know what 70 metres looks like too :P

A PDI hop and barrel is good enough if you have the right FPS, other parts are not a necessary item, more of a luxary bit of kit for showing off.

Comment

If it's limited to 350fps, you don't really need the zero trigger do you? Stock shouldbe fine i'd of though, and if not get the upgraded trigger sear? and again a teflon cylinder won't bee needed?

Comment

Tbh I don't think there would be any point in changing any more parts as all your gonna need for the 350fps rifle is accuracy.
        Only need for the trigger mech is if your upgrading the spring.

To badas, if we are both talking about the same thing, the two small hop arm grubs are located where the cylinder head goes past. So therefore everytime you cock the gun the grubs are visible, without the mag in.
        If not, what are the side hop arms?
        Ric
        Stop Drop And Roll

Comment

My main site is 350, but other sites that I plan on going are 400/500.

Im currently running @ 300fps.

Are all the parts i listed compatible with each other?

Thanks.

Comment

For a 300 fps rifle all you need is a lower powered spring and job done but to be honest you might as well just get a P90 or M14 as it will outrange most 330fps sniper rifles.

If it is the fact you want the sniper style of gameplay and mechanics then get a lower rated spring and fit a tightbore barrel in there and go play but personally i think you won't enjoy it so much.

Comment

@ The Dr, i need to buy a new PDI hop but can't find one in stock Help! And can you take pics of the side hop arms as i am interested and can't remember them being there on mine but i had it ages ago so forgive me for being a noob at current.

Comment

Yea sure I'll take a picture when I remember and I'll keep my eyes out for them buy you'll probably be buying aboard.
                Stop Drop And Roll

Comment

badas, there should be two grub screws that can be seen when you cock the rifle, if not, they are 1.5mm by 4mm

And then there are two on the actual side of the hop unit, but that sorts the barrel alignment,

Comment

ahh, thats handy, so to adjust the hop i dont need to strip it?? few lol! So how do i adjust it when the hop unit is in the gun, i'm still unsure of what you mean dr.?

Comment

• Re: Upgrade guide Based on Maruzen type 96

no mate, to adjust the hop on the standard hop unit, there is a single grub screw that is accessed infront of the mag release, screwing inwards increases hop outwards decreases hop..

on the pdi unit, when the bolt is cocked, you will see two grub screws in the fee chamber of the unit, they are the adjustmen screws, 1.5mm allen grubs screws.
                      you have to adjust these neon perfectly otherwise,
                      A, you will have uneven hop effect on the bb
                      B, you risk damaging the cylinder head nozzle if left pretruding too far ergo damaging airflow into hop rubber and risk tearing it,

Comment

Ahh cheers, that help knowing i don't need to field strip it every time to adjust hop!=]

One more thing that i could do with some help before ordering a spring guide...

I still want to keep the cocking indicator working, i will be buying the pdi v-trigger with the 'ushape' setpin so the cocking indicator works, i will use a laylax 9mm spring guide so the metal tube can go through (it cant on pdi guide), and i will be purchasing the HD hard pdi piston, my only querie is... will the cocking indicator work with the Hard hd pdi piston???

Thanks, need to know before purchasing the guide and u setpin...

Comment

no idea mate, as i never had the cocking indicator mod done, find it pointless :P

but all you can do is trial and error really

Comment

Hmmm, i'll give it a shot, just dont wanna damage the piston thats all, i'll get the guide and trigger also, and can always sell them and get the non-cokcing indicator stuff instead...

i suppose i do know if its cocked or not haha

Comment

Hi my L96 (warrior) has recently become very loud when firing can you give me an idea what the problem could be ?

Comment

could be a few things mate,

dried up internals meaning you need to strip the rifle and lube with the correct lubricants,

the rubber on the piston and cylinder head have worn to far and needs replacing, and then there could be a spring issue,

come back after you have had alook at all the mentioned and report back

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

guard-sniper87 Find out more about guard-sniper87
                                Working...
                                X