Bar 10 Slam firing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bar 10 Slam firing

Hi guys, as above, my bar 10 seems to be slam firing. Ill post a video, but whats likely to have happened. Ive read up about the sears etc. But they seem to be fine. Ill post a video in a sec of whats happening

Re: Bar 10 Slam firing

Looks very similar to this, camera is down at cant take any pics

Comment

Slam firing causes - and fixes:
      Worn piston sear at the top - replace
      Worn piston - rotate piston
      Bent trigger sear - replace
      Cylinder moving too much inside receiver - check/replace white nylon cylinder guides (more likely on a bar-10 than a VSR)
      Trigger box not seating properly with the receiver - replace screws, remove moulding lines, or replace trigger mech
      Spring guide stopper bent or not seating properly - little more interesting. Although the fix is just replace it, this is a harder one to spot sometimes
      Spring guide loosened and not allowing the piston back far enough to lock into place (not technically slam firing, but it's stopping it from working) - tighten spring guide, and use thread lock to prevent it happening again
      Compatibility issues between sears and piston - use the same brand for everything. You'll likely find your JG piston wont work with Laylax sears.

There may be more causes, but I can't think of any right now.
      sigpic
      Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
      I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

Cheers mate!
        Now, where to start!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

FunkycHUNKY Scotsman Lost in England Find out more about FunkycHUNKY
        Working...