mosin nagant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mosin nagant

Hey how difficult would it be to use all the RS wood and metal parts to make an VSR based sniper?
    Originally posted by iNK
    Tokyo Marui? Can't say I have ever heard of them. Sounds like some sort of Ramen soup. Are you sure you are not reading off the back of a take-away flyer?

Re: mosin nagant

There are a couple of these in progress/done on WW2 airsoft forums.

Comment

so it is possible? Also any laws on using a deact and breaking it up?
      Originally posted by iNK
      Tokyo Marui? Can't say I have ever heard of them. Sounds like some sort of Ramen soup. Are you sure you are not reading off the back of a take-away flyer?

Comment

as you will only be using the stock and a few ancillary parts, with the main action and barrel being from the vsr there will be no problems.
        m14/l1a1/thompson/sten/sig552/kac pdw/svd/l85a2/mp40/m16vn/car15/type56/mac10/scorpion/m79/m1 carbine/m60vn/stoner63/vfc bar/xm177e2/grease gun/ar57/m1911/uzi/aksu/mp5 b&t/ppsh41/mpl/diy sog rpd/acm m500/galil/

Comment

I think dismantling a deac for parts is illegal unless you're a dealer.

Comment

It is a nice gun to model! Was always my favourite sniper in Project Reality... If you manage to do thus let us know how you get on!

Comment

If you're not going for absolute authenticity, it'd probably be easier to modify a Kar98k wood stock, or even custom make your own than convert a deac, also it'd be less costly I'd imagine :p

Comment

i have found a deac mosin for £125 so cheap enough
                Originally posted by iNK

Comment

converting a deac is naughty.
                  trading WE M16A1 for CYMA or RS SVD with PSOP
                  http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...ting-trades%29

Comment

You do Know that a company named Zeta Labs is a bout to release a Mosin Nagant Carbine
                    Reformed Pacifist

Comment

i dont think it would be as nice as using a deact though and a shop would be breaking it into parts for me
                      Originally posted by iNK

Comment

Converting a deactivated gun to airsoft is illegal in the UK and will get you five years in the clink. Any gun which has a deact certificate cannot be altered in any way to fire a projectile even if it is a BB. That also means stripping one for parts. If you want to do a conversion using real steel parts you will need to source a stock and/or any metalwork which has already been stripped from a gun by a dealer.

Comment

as i said a shop would be stripping it for me. All im doing is buying a deact as a present for the gunsmith
                          Originally posted by iNK

Comment

Then the gunsmith is courting disaster, are you sure he knows the law ? Once a gun is certified as a deact, it cannot be changed, stripped, sold for parts etc.. You need to buy the legal parts from a 'live' gun which has been stripped by a dealer, which is why the parts are more expensive. If everyone could buy a deact and get a dealer to strip it for the parts they need, then everyone in the WW2 airsoft community would be doing it.

Comment

There is then the case of the parts you can buy are restricted with out a fire arms licence. pretty sure you can't buy and parts required for the gun to fire i.e receiver bolt trigger barrel etc.
                              Reformed Pacifist

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

hellbound Find out more about hellbound
                              Working...
                              X