vsr10 (pro) few bits and bobs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vsr10 (pro) few bits and bobs...

Hey guys, just got myself a vsr, already has some upgrades, just needs a new barrel. So thought i'd ask here for help,
    (sorry if it's already been posted, just i couldn't find anything)

Anyway, so i have the pro sniper version of the vsr10 with the stock tm barrel, 433mm i think? So i want to get a much nicer barrel for the gun, first off is it worth getting a new one? I have no budget really since i got the gun cheap as chips, so i could get a pdi barrel if that's the best option... also i was looking at getting a longer barrel say a 590mm and putting it in a silencer (this would work right) But where would i get the barrel from, and do any sniper barrels fit the vsr or do they have to be vsr specific e.g would this fit http://www.madbullairsoft.com/Englis...0caad241131ac4 ..... I'm not going for this barrel i was just asking if i could use a longer barrel for different sniper :D

Yeh, so what barrel do you reccomend i get?

Also just another question about the sniper whilst i'm at it, i'm thinking of going with the pss10 150 spring, will i NEED the zero trig or the pdi equivalent? And what do the silent damper heads do http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=3736

Oh! Yeh should i stick with the stock tm hop up or go with that laylax one and which rubber should i get? :D

Sorry for all the questions, all help is greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
    Josh :D

Re: vsr10 (pro) few bits and bobs...

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5069

read that whole thread mate

gives you nearly every bit of info you need

Comment

God I don't know where to begin.... Firstly read the massive VSR technical thread.
      Secondly, no linking to other sites on here.
      Barrel wise: Yes a better barrel is worth it! I like the PDI and EDGI barrels, I use the PDI 6.05s but then you have the whole 6.05 v 6.01 debate which I'm not getting in to. You can also get other barrels for VSRs, I currently have a metal fluted barrel on mine, and you can get longer ones so you wouldn't need to run the inner barrel through a silencer. Also you don't need your inner barrel to be longer, it isn't going to help you that much. If you want more help PM me, but first read the technical thread.

Alex
      WTB: TM HI-CAPA 5.1! CASH WAITING! PM ME!

Comment

I read that last night and found it very helpful, but it still didn't say about the question about the barrel, if i can use a longer one than 433mm, and whether or not is HAS to be a vsr barrel or if it could be a psg-1 barrel...? And about the trigger i just wanted to know if it could handle a 150spring without getting a z-trig... Cheers though, the guide was Very helpful :D

Comment

Originally posted by TB-Stalker View Post
          God I don't know where to begin.... Firstly read the massive VSR technical thread.
          Secondly, no linking to other sites on here.
          Barrel wise: Yes a better barrel is worth it! I like the PDI and EDGI barrels, I use the PDI 6.05s but then you have the whole 6.05 v 6.01 debate which I'm not getting in to. You can also get other barrels for VSRs, I currently have a metal fluted barrel on mine, and you can get longer ones so you wouldn't need to run the inner barrel through a silencer. Also you don't need your inner barrel to be longer, it isn't going to help you that much. If you want more help PM me, but first read the technical thread.

Alex
          Ahh ok, sorry, didn't know about linking.. my bad! And ahh, i have read about barrel length not making a difference, but surely it must make some difference, even if a tiny bit? And i basically want a silencer anyway for the added looks, i think they will be cheaper than another outer barrel and so for the £50 difference between a laylax 6.01 and a pdi 6.01, would it be worth the extra performance, or should i spend the 50quid on other parts...? Also whats the pdi compare to the edgi barrel, i noticed edgi was alot cheaper but seems to be well made? Thanks for the help! :D

Comment

Yes you will need a new trigger set or new sears but before you start upgrading, choose whether you're going the PDI or Laylax route and stick to it, don't mix and match. And yes it has to be a VSR barrel unless you're ready to do some serious modding

Comment

Right i'll go laylax as it is definitely cheaper, i don't want to spend ridiculous amounts! also i don't know of any pdi UK sellers... But i can still get a pdi barrel with everything else laylax right? I think the gun already has the new trigger/piston sears (the laylax ones) i'll find out sunday for definite off the person who sold me it, but it does have some sear upgrade, i know they're not stock... he also says its had a new feather trigger put in so its a much easier pull? would new sears handle a 150spring? just i think £180 for trigger is pushing it abit... haha! Also what rubber do you reccomend, i've heard firefly are good, but also the nineball? Thanks for the help! Really appreciate it.

Comment

If you're not looking to spend a lot of money back away from the rifle as getting them perfect is expensive. As far as PDI and Laylax go, Laylax is cheaper but then you see a lot of Laylax upgraded VSRs for sale later so what does that tell you....

Anyway, if you have the cash go PDI as it is better. But if you are sticking with Laylax that's fine.

Personally I would go for a 6.05 for greater accuracy. The PDI barrels are £60 the Laylax are about £50. The really long inner barrel may not give you better performance, I know some people who will swear blind that it is actually too long and makes it worse.

Hop rubber wise get a Nineball, they rock. Period.

Yes upgraded sears will be fine for a better spring but PLEASE do the spring last! Make sure everything else is done first otherwise you're just begging for something to break. I think that's everything but I'm on my phone so I can't check.

Comment

I don't mean i won't spend anything just i won't be getting maxed out everything... where would i get a pdi barrel from? do i need teflon cylinder?
                  So here's what i think i need...
                  - laylax piston/trigger sears
                  - laylax 150 spring
                  - pdi 433mm 6.01/6.05 barrel?
                  - laylax cylinder head
                  - laylax spring guide
                  - laylax nineball rubber
                  - laylax high pressure cylineder (red)?
                  - laylax barrel spacers?
                  - laylax damper heads? Do i need them?

Right is that it? lol! And do i Need all of those parts? any i can do without?

Thanks again... :D

Comment

Originally posted by joshh1512 View Post
                    where would i get a pdi barrel from? do i need teflon cylinder? Can't link you on here, but PM me and i will help, the teflon cylinder isn't essential but I strongly recommend it.
                    So here's what i think i need...
                    - laylax piston/trigger sears Yes
                    - laylax 150 spring Yes if you want that FPS
                    - pdi 433mm 6.01/6.05 barrel? Yes
                    - laylax cylinder head Yes
                    - laylax spring guide Yes
                    - laylax nineball rubber Yes
                    - laylax high pressure cylineder (red)? You have this confused with the piston, but yes you need a high pressure piston.
                    - laylax barrel spacers? Get PDI ones to go with the barrel, and yes, get about 4.
                    - laylax damper heads? Do i need them? No
                    There you go, although there is a parts list right at the start of the VSR thread...

Comment

Trouble is, laylax parts are now very difficult to get it seems. I can find bits and pieces of the above list but no one has sears. Getting a complete set (of laylax) is proving very troublesome.

Comment

Originally posted by TbirdX View Post
                        Trouble is, laylax parts are now very difficult to get it seems. I can find bits and pieces of the above list but no one has sears. Getting a complete set (of laylax) is proving very troublesome.
                        Then just go PDI.....

Comment

Can't find a full set of PDI bits either...in this country anyway.

Comment

Why does it have to be in this country? Just order them from Japan, even with import they are still a lot cheaper.

Comment

But why pay so much on so tiny piece of kit
                              It's a bit like buying a tiny ring isn't it
                              I AM A NOOB ON A MISSION!!!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

joshh1512 Find out more about joshh1512
                              Working...
                              X