Upgrading an A&K Dragunov

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Upgrading an A&K Dragunov

I used to have one of these, had a few problems with the hop up unit so I know my way around it... Erm, could you take a picture of the hop up unit to refresh my memory? I think it was grub screw that was after the O ring? Show me a picture and I'll be able to tell you.

Upgrade wise:

I put a Madbull Black Python in mine, didn't see that much an improvement in accuracy tbh... Upgrading the hop up rubber is probably a better step towards accuracy, and you have already ordered a new hop up rubber, which is good.

Comment

http://media.photobucket.com/image/A...r/IMG_3971.jpg

the ice blue hop unit? with the three alum key screws on the top?
      the image above shows a black and blue hop, but same system.
      sigpic

Comment

Thats the one... Yeah its the ice blue bit, the screw on that part needs to be taken out, and I as I remember I think the other part will just slide off, leaving you with the hop up rubber and the barrel. I can't remember if you have to take the entire barrel/hop up assembly out of the gun to do so for this though...

Comment

Originally posted by da1994 View Post
          Thats the one... Yeah its the ice blue bit, the screw on that part needs to be taken out, and I as I remember I think the other part will just slide off, leaving you with the hop up rubber and the barrel. I can't remember if you have to take the entire barrel/hop up assembly out of the gun to do so for this though...
          was exactly what I was worried about!
          sigpic

Comment

As far as I remember, taking it out of the reciever is relatively easy, you have to take the handguard off, then there are two screws on the end of the reciever, where the barrel joins to the reciever. Undo these, and the barrel and hop up assemblies slide out. (I think, this is going back a year, so don't force anything!)

Comment

I know exactly what you mean.

However it's not "easy"!! that foregrip is a Beech to get off! But thanks, I will have a gooooo when I get my hop.... I ordered two, just in case :p
              sigpic

Comment

Aha, good luck when the time comes!

Comment

I just upgraded my SVD, fitted a 500Fps Spring, a Madbull Barrel and a Hard Element Hop Rubber - seems to fire ok, not had it chronoed yet, but the thing I was worrying about was the trigger assembly, I read on another forum that sometimes these break when you fit a bigger spring - does anyone have any experience of this and if so, could you recommend another trigger assembly to upgrade to ?
                  I am battle-tested bayonets bro,You can’t process me with a normal brain-If you borrowed my brain for five seconds,you’d be like-Dude-can’t handle it,unplug this b@st@rd!-It fires in a way that’s maybe not from,uh this terrestrial realm-Charlie Sheen

Comment

I've heard that the trigger sears can break/wear down due to the more potential energy being held back by the sear from the high power spring.

But thankfully, the SVD is a very simple design!
                    sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Grounded_Pilot Small time technician, based in Norfolk/Suffolk. Airsoft devotee...! Find out more about Grounded_Pilot
                    Working...
                    X