Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

AGM based gun cocking (sears going i think)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AGM based gun cocking (sears going i think)

Really quick one especially as theres an earlyer thread on a Bar 10 slam fireing

Im going to buy a AGM sniper the person who has it states.......

"There is a technique to the rifle. When pulling the bolt back, when it is fully extended you have to lift bolt handle slightly further again for it to engage and cock the rifle all AGM bolties I've used have had the same quirk.

If that little turn is not done, the bolt will slam fire, acting as if the sear has gone. Provided you basically lift the handle slightly at the end of the backwards pull, the sears engage fine. It's never caused any problems, but if you're not used to AGM rifles/parts it's a little confusing until you get the technique down".

Now a question to all the AGM owners out there is this common and do you agree its fine. Or are the sears on the way out or piston need turning etc.

cheers
    Richard

Re: AGM based gun cocking (sears going i think)

please dont say this is a mp001 rifle ????

if so steer clear of it mate, as sear sets are impossible to find for it so will have to replace the whole trigger unit

Comment

+1 to above, these rifles are total dog! all the parts are different to the bar10/vsr10, dont bother unless its 20 quid he wants for it lol
      sigpic

Comment

If the rifle is the one that has a warrior type stock but uses the vsr trigger mech I have two sets of stock sears for sale for £12.

Not sure if they will cure the problem youredescribing but at least you'll have some spares.

Comment

I would steer clear, I picked up a swiss arms bolt action (SA1 or something?) for a buddy, took it home and had a few shots and apart from being much louder than a VSR it was exactly the same. No upwards motion required, so sounds to me like he's trying to sell you a rifle with worn parts.
          Your choice at the end of the day though

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

mi-go-a-go-go OOhh my word Airsoftin for ages. mainly Mil Sim and WW2. Like Vietnam too. Find out more about mi-go-a-go-go
          Working...
          X