PDI and laylax mix?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PDI and laylax mix?

Hey guys just a question about my vsr. Basically i ordered the pdi palsonite precision VC set, but they didn't send the palsonite cylinder, only the normal one, so i was considering selling it, then buying the palsonite one, however nowhere in the UK sells the cylinder on it's own, so i thought about the laylax pss10 teflon cylinder... Will this be compatible with all other pdi parts, e.g cylinder head, piston, guide etc.?

Thanks

Re: PDI and laylax mix?

Ok, got another question...

How do i install the 90degree piston head? It won't fit through the white thing on the piston? Thanks

Comment

Is it not simply a case of unscrewing the 45 degree and inserting the 90 degree? Are you saying the 90 degree end has a bigger diameter than the 45 degree?

Comment

this is what it appears?! If you look at a picture of the vc piston,there is a white thing, maybe to keep a tighter airseal? basically the 90degree head will not fit through this to screw into the piston, do i need the white thing?

Comment

I would think so, it's a piston guide I'd have thought. Had a look but can't see any instructions for assembly.

Comment

what's a piston guide? the white thing? and yeh, i can't find any instructions... :S have you seen a picture and know the white part i mean?

Comment

You're talking about the white derlin ring at the back of the piston, the 45 or 90 degree screws into it but if they are different diameters then, of course, it's never going to fit.

Comment

Yeh that's the name, the derilin ring, to me, they don't look different diameters, but it simply won't fit?! How are you supposed to install the 90degree head, just screw it in?

Comment

How did you remove the 45 degree one?

Comment

unscrew it.

Comment

Then I'd have thought you just screw the 90 degree in it's place. Does the 45 go back in ok?

Comment

45 fit's in fine. the 90 get's stuck on something inside the derilin ring i think...

Comment

Strange. Not sure where you go from there to tbh.

Comment

no, i sent a message to someone who uses the same setup, so awaiting reply from him. do you know how much difference there is between the precision cylinder (silver) and the palsonite cylinder (black)?

Comment

My understanding is that the palsonite is like the laylax teflon, Makes everything just a bit smoother and more consistent...apparantly

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

joshh1512 Find out more about joshh1512
                              Working...
                              X