Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bar 10 Upgrade So Far

So, first up stock.

380 fps out of the box with the usual G-Spec swerve, all with a .2g.

In goes...

PDI Palsonite Cylinder
    HD Piston
    PDI guide
    V Trigger

With an SP80 spring (which came free with the cylinder) 266fps

Next in goes the PDI VSR 280 spring.

Fps goes up to 485-490

Not too shabby.

Next in was the raven 6.01 430mm tight bore and nine ball hop rubber, teflon taped for effect.

Fps goes up by 100

FPS 580, oh dear.

So out of curiousity, I whack the original innards back in with the raven tb still in, (380 stock remember) and get 425 with the hop at half way and 380 with it full on.

I have a TM .04 tight bore and precision hop on the way, we'll see what we get with that.

Re: Bar 10 Upgrade So Far

First off 380 from a tm gspec is bull as all are below 300 due to japan law

Secondly the raven barrels are shit

Also for consistancy you need to upgrade the sears , piston , cylinder head
    hop rubber and barrel spacers

Also best results are gotten with the firefly rubber and .04 pdi barrel

Only go upto 450 max for a gspec otherwise won't be at it's best performance

Comment

Its a jg guard so 380 is likely, also he said he had a v trigger, maybe that has the sears? Never heard of v trigger, how much is it
      sigpic

Comment

He's gone with pdi setup. V trigger is the equivalent to the Laylax zero trigger.

It doesn't surprise me he's getting those results. My mate did the same with the exception of the barrel and he was getting 640 with a Laylax 170 spring which has settled to 610, yet with a 150 spring it's doing 510 fps

Comment

Well spotted, maybe you should read before you leap Guard

On the raven front, not having read any reviews anywhere I'd be curious how you came to that conclusion. At £23 it's worth a punt, we'll see.

I've read many arguments for and against all sorts of sizes of barrel, PDI say thier ,08 is the best for accuracy and yet none of the snipers I know are using anything but .01, and they could shoot your eyebrows off at 50 metres.

It's a learning curve and I've only just started, but we'll get there

Comment

Ah never saw the bar 10 title mate sorry

Bu for the vsr series always go laylax as cheapest option mate then add on price for better barrels

The hop rubber and compression patts plus poor barrel material will be causing problems

Best bet mate try to keep it all one make of internals
            it will be expensive but worth it in the end

Comment

Everything, at the moment internally, is PDI except the hop rubber, which is laylax. I threw the original cylinder/spring etc back in just to see what it would put out with the tb barrel.

My ultimate goal is to have 2 set ups, one just below 450, the other just below 500, but the goal for right now is to get it shooting straight and consistent before we get too hung up on the fps.

Comment

For consistancy Mate

Try a hp piston
                firefly or nineball hop rubber
                the new tm hop unit ,
                5-6 barrel spacers
                and .36 or .4s after doing the hop mod to the new units arms which there are plenty of guides for

Comment

Well, I have the PDI version of the HP piston, a nineball hop rubber, the new TM unit coming, today hopefully, 4 PDI spacers but I can always whack some homemade ones in and some .43s to play with.

I suspect a lot of fiddling and fettling ahead

Comment

yeah,

that is the only way to get it perfect mate, alot of setting up and tweaking

there are loads of guides online if you get stuck

Comment

Today I put the Precision TM hop unit and .04 barrel in, couldn't dial in the hop because I don't have enough range so I just set it at half way for test purposes.

With all the PDI stuff in the FPS dropped by 40 to 540.

So it looks like the VSR280 spring is just too much for anything but a standard barrel. Lower rated springs on the way and onward we go. I wonder which will give out first, my willpower or my bank balance

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TbirdX Find out more about TbirdX
                      Working...
                      X