vsr/bar 10 mod guides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vsr/bar 10 mod guides

Hey guys, figured we should start up with a mods guide for the vsr/bar10, it will be a great help for many people, so please contribute, if you have any mods you know of please add them to it! This thread will be picture heavy!

Any guides i put on will be for the tokyo marui vsr 10 but i'm most mods will work for both.

Right, first one i'm going to put on is a simple one, not really a mod, just making a replacement part, but it's very simple.

Ok so have you lost the tiny metal guide from the black part that secures the bolt handle on the receiver?

Here is the part if you don't know what i'm talking about.

Basically, in between that and the bolt handle there is a tiny piece of metal and spring, which is easily lost throughout disassembly.

Here it is, including the spring.

This guide will only help if you still have the spring, if you have lost the spring, i have not yet found a solution to this!

Ok, so what your gonna need to do this is :-
    - Scissors
    - Biro pen (best if it has no ink left)
    - Toothpicks

First start off by snapping your biro in half, then pull out the clear tube where the ink is stored, once you have this out, cut it at the point where it is not clear (where there is any remaining ink), then throw the rest away. Like so...

Next, what you want to do is measure 2cm along the clear tube, and mark it, then cut the 2cm off, again throw the rest away, (you can save it for a mod on the hop up arm which i will show how to do later.)
    Now, with the 2cm piece of tubing, measure 0.5cm/5mm and once again mark it. Now at this point, you need to cut the tubing in half, only cut the 5mm in half, not the whole thing! To do this, snip 5mm up each side of the tubing, and bend one side away till it snaps off or you can easily cut it off.

Now you have the base of it made, you need to reinforce it so it won't wear down easily and bend, so take your toothpick and stick it through the tubing, it should fit perfectly, then cut off the remaining parts of the pick that stick out.

Finally, all you have to do is stick this part into the spring! Slightly squeeze together the part that you cut in half so it will fit into the spring easily.

There you have it! Just drop it into the black part on the end of the cylinder, then simply re-assemble it! Jobs a good'n! All being well it should work exactly the same as using the metal part, the bolt handle should not wobble the slightest, if it does, you must of done something wrong. If the error is persistent, give me a shout, and i will upload a video if needed.

Here it is compared to the metal part...

And this is how it sits into the part...

Hope this particular guide has helped anyone, PM me if you need more help regarding this guide, also, if anyone know's of a spring that fit's perfectly into it, let us know!

There will be more guides to come, i will be doing the hop up arm mod, and the pfte/teflon rubber mod tomorrow hopefully.

Re: vsr/bar 10 mod guides

Of course, if the biro cutting does not fit snuggly
    you could always wrap it in ptfe tape or the like to get that
    snug fit. Only do this if you have wobble though, if not then
    theres evidently no need for the use of PTFE.

Great Idea by the way Josh, and good guide!
    Need VSR advice? Get in contact I may be able to help!

Comment

Re: vsr/bar 10 mod guides

I found it fit's perfect it mine, but it may vary i guess, cheers for the tip, sounds like it could be a good one!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

joshh1512 Find out more about joshh1512
      Working...
      X