l96 paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• l96 paint

hey guys i know this isint tech as such but i want to change the colour paint iof my l96 and i was wondoring what sort of spray paint do i use?
    Samaham C

Re: l96 paint

Krylon all the way

Sand your original body down with wet and dry paper to get rid of any oil / nasty bits, so start with 600 grit, then 800, then 1000. Dry and clean your stock with water and towel.

Then use spray primer until you get an even coat (let dry!!!) Then sand with 1000 wet and dry smoothly!!!

Then give another fine layer of spray primer, let dry, sand verry verry lightly again with 1000 grit wet and dry again, clean with water and towel delicately, leave stock to dry out properly for an hour or so.

Then spray away with krylon until your happy, about 2 or 3 layers shoudl give you a nice coat.

Goodluck and remember to take time with letting layers dry, spray in well ventelated room and preferably spraying at room temp.

Comment

cherz mate where could i pick up the paint?
      Samaham C

Comment

krylon, from model shops,

the internet, surplus shops,

or go down to B&Q, and get MATTE paint, works the same :p

Comment

I prefer krylon as it dries verry fast and you can get away with a crappy prep job, last night i sprayed an m14 stock which had alot of layers to it of previous paint, painted in darkness prety much, no prep work and tempteratures were below 10 degres and the end result is still great.

You can get krylon by searching, that auction site everyone knows, army surplus stores etc.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Samaham C My Name Is Sam Find out more about Samaham C
          Working...
          X