my l96, or other options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my l96, or other options

hi guys, i basicly have hit a dilema, i recently bought a l96 and absolutly love using it. although im afraid the range its producing is not worth the hassle of me dragging it around the site with me all the time.

i have 2 questions, should i upgrade my l96 with laylax parts and such (have a rough idea of what ill need although a list could be helpful)
    or should i try buy a VSR with upgrades from these forums?

also which scope should i look into investing?
    i have both the standard 3-9x32 u get with the trifle and a tasco 4x32 RG illum. both i feel dont have big enough objective lenses.
    shudi look into a 3-9x50?

cheers
    james
    They say that the best weapon is the one you never have to fire. I respectfully disagree. I prefer the weapon you only have to fire once. That's how Dad did it, that's how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far
    -Tony Stark
    sigpic

Re: my l96, or other options

how did you mount a scope on a trifle? :D
    Traded with me? please leave feedback as will I http://www.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=104161

Comment

Why do you feel the objective lense is not big enough?
      Are you not getting good clarity through the scope?

This could be down to your eye relief if so.

x32 is perfectly good enough for day light shooting. a x50 scope is frankly excessive IMO.

You only really need that much light gathering if you are doing a lot of dawn/dusk shooting ie low light.
      Without a good sunshade it is likely this would give you away.

consider a x40 should you really want to upgrade.

as for the rifle - have you had it chrono'd? I'd check the seals and fps + stick in a tight bore before going the whole hog.

What brand is the rifle?

Andy
      Originally posted by Coz
      Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
      http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

All you could ever want to know about upgrading your L96 can be found here:

http://zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=67889

Hope that helps! It certainly did with mine!

As for the x50 scope, why the hell not? :D If you want it, go for it. Nobody ever complained about those guys that put insanely huge scopes on thier EBR's :P

Comment

Moved to tech
          sigpic

Comment

cheers for the move, new to this area of forums XD and i could get a hold of a 3-9x40/50 scope for less than £50.

the make is warrior (terrible i know =\)
            iv heard remarkably good things about the VSR and just thought it might be easier to get one of those rather than mess around with the Warrior l96.
            (iv heard upgrading the warrior with laylax has its implications especially at the cylinder end)
            They say that the best weapon is the one you never have to fire. I respectfully disagree. I prefer the weapon you only have to fire once. That's how Dad did it, that's how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far
            -Tony Stark
            sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

DMC airsoft Find out more about DMC airsoft
            Working...
            X