PDI precision cylinder and laylax parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PDI precision cylinder and laylax parts

Hey all. First of all, Im sorry if this has been asked before. Most of the questions regarding compatibility between PDI and laylax have been about the sear and pistons.

Now my question is this:

I picked up a PDI precision cylinder second hand off these forums a while back for my VSR 10.
    I would rather order the rest of the parts from zero one, instead of ordering abroad for PDI parts. Will a laylax piston, spring guide, spring guide stopper, cylinder head and spring fit ok in a PDI precision cylinder?

Fast answer please as Id like to order these before I go and Im heading off tommorow!

Re: PDI precision cylinder and laylax parts

any ideas?

Comment

Mate a very good guide about all of this has been written buy guard sniper in this very forum. And its a sticky thread at the top.

I cant answer your question. But PDI cylinders are built with laser guided measurement. Cylinder and piston bore to 1/1000th. Laylax build there cyclinder and piston bore to 1/100th. So the PDI part is much much more accurate. That being said the PDI part could just be very over engineered. Both perform very well. Alot of people prefer Laylax.
      "Sometimes seen but never heard"

Comment

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=89642

Comment

thank you for the link, but as I said above, Ive checked that thread and they only mention compatibility of PDI and Laylax regarding the piston and sears...my question is about the cylinder. Please do read my question carefully before posting such links.

and thanks Dave1...I was aware of the guide, but could not see any mention of compatibility of the PDI cylinder with Laylax pistons and such. The fact that you say that PDI parts are more accurate is very helpful though....it may sway me to go the extra mile and order from fire of x for PDI parts.

Comment

Its no trouble mate glad i could help. It is a rather large guide thread. But if you read through it. I think you will find your answer. Pretty sure i read it there mate.

It comes down to latch angle of the piston and sear. You can buy two different angles. 45 degrees or 90 degress. It making sure these match up thats important. I might not be 100% so plough through the thread.
            "Sometimes seen but never heard"

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Kang Not much to say. My life is work, airsoft and TV! :P Find out more about Kang
            Working...
            X