Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Upgrading TM L96 AWS - Which should I install first?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading TM L96 AWS - Which should I install first?

OK so as you saw by the title, Im upgraded my TM L96....these are the upgrades Im going to install:

PDI Palsonite Cylinder Set
    PDI V Trigger
    PDI 140SP spring
    PDI 6.01 500m tightbore.

The total cost of those parts before delivery is 491 quid, so not going to be buying em at once. Im thinking buy the cylinder set and v trigger first, then add the stronger spring and tightbore at a later date.

Is there any reason why I shouldnt do this? I dont see any, but then with the amount of money Im spending I dont want to be f*cking anything up.

Also, while Im here, does anyone know of a cheaper tightbore? that things bloody expensive!

Re: Upgrading TM L96 AWS - Which should I install first?

Just buy scabby badgers already upgraded one and sell yours :/

Comment

Originally posted by badas View Post
      Just buy scabby badgers already upgraded one and sell yours :/
      it sold mate.

EDIT: oh also wanted to ask, what sort of range will I be expecting with all those parts installed?

Comment

80 metres or so but its not worth the money when a 2nd hand one comes up on here every couple of weeks or so :/

i would rather sell and just invest in a maxed out vsr, ive had a better experience with VSR's thats my reason and kinda cheaper to upgrade if you look at the right places

Comment

80 metres or so but its not worth the money when a 2nd hand one comes up on here every couple of weeks or so :/

i would rather sell and just invest in a maxed out vsr, ive had a better experience with VSR's thats my reason and kinda cheaper to upgrade if you look at the right places
          Ive heard that maxed out TM L96s perform better than maxed out TM VSRs...plus the feel is more comfortable for me and PDI parts are alot easier to get.

Comment

From experiencei found both to have relatively same range when fully maxed out but the VSR has allways provided that slightly better consistency and accuracy but if money is not a problem then go L96

Comment

I would agree with badas on the 80m, around 70m-80m with the upgrades, just have to make sure you have a good airseal

Comment

All depends how serious you are about it,

Only other sniper rifle i have owned so far that outbeats anything i have ever owned (spring wise) is a gas tanaka m700 thats fully maxed out but i would only ever get one again for the summer.

Comment

All depends how serious you are about it,

Only other sniper rifle i have owned so far that outbeats anything i have ever owned (spring wise) is a gas tanaka m700 thats fully maxed out but i would only ever get one again for the summer.
                  yeah I had a gas M24 upgraded but to me it wasnt worth the bother. Id rather substitute the longer range for a gun I can use all year round and is less maintenance.

Is 80m about the max you can expect from any spring sniper? Or is there something I can do to improve it?

I have a nineball VSR/L96 hop up rubber...would that add significant range?

Cheers for the help btw guys!

EDIT: Just realised I can now afford Abelattacks upgraded Maruzen L96...would it just be wiser to get that instead?

Comment

go for tm?
                    id go for tm but unsure on other peoples opinion
                    and id go for a vsr and ive already gone for one
                    brilliant gun and i only upgraded the rubber, spring and sears
                    needs new tb barrel and job done
                    I AM A NOOB ON A MISSION!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kang View Post
                      EDIT: Just realised I can now afford Abelattacks upgraded Maruzen L96...would it just be wiser to get that instead?
                      Would be a good investment, as you would need to adjust the hop perfectly so you would still feel like you had something to do with upgrading it

the hop and barrel have never been skirmished, but when bedding it in, (about 100-200 .2s) its got some serious range just needs adjusting properly

unless you want to spend ALOT more on your own project

Comment

you cant always trust the person that sells the gun -.-

not saying what he says is not true but personally id need another persons feedback on any gun thats bieng sold
                        I AM A NOOB ON A MISSION!!!

Comment

it will take more than 200 rounds to propperly settle in a new upgraded hop rubber but you will find by your seccond skirmish range and accuracy will improve.

if it was me i would rather buy ableattack's l96, seen he has lowered the price to £300 so worth it providing there are no faults.

simply sell on yours afterwarsd and be happier.

if the spring guide on hsi is still playing up then you can wrap a layer of ptfe tape arround it to hold it in the trigger mech more securely

Comment

one thing you need to question about most l96's though is if the BB curves to the left or right after some range once fired, the inner barrel could be slightly bent (mainly old stock ones) or the hop needs taking a look at.

problem often found with maruzen l96's and warriors but can be fixed within the space of 10 minutes usually

Comment

Had that problem when I bought it, which is why i replaced the hop with a PDI unit and a new tb barrel, has no problems now, just need to set the hop and zero the scope and its good to go

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Kang Not much to say. My life is work, airsoft and TV! :P Find out more about Kang
                              Working...
                              X