• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VSR G-Spec Advise on FPS with current spec

I currently have a TM VSR 10 G-spec with:

Laylax SP150 Spring
    Laylax Spring Guide
    Laylax Pro Cylinder Head with PTFE Mod
    Action Army Alloy Piston (With Laylax o-ring)
    Laylax 303mm 6.03mm Barrel
    FireFly Hard hop rubber with PTFE mod
    Upgraded sears

I have seen posts on here with people reporting 500fps but have been unable to replicate them. I had it tested at the weekend and it put out all ten .20g bb’s with no hop-up at 135mps (442fps) . Could the issue be with the barrel length or the spring being weak?

Thanks
    Adi

Re: VSR G-Spec Advise on FPS with current spec

Hi,

I would try a 170 spring first.

If this doesn't work I'd also suggest using the PPS10 Damper Cylinder head plus Laylax PS10 High Pressure piston. However you may need to back off the spring to the 150 again. I chronoed 560fps with the setup above!

I have also put in a longer tightbore inner barrell taken out to the end of the silencer. Improves accuracy no end!

Comment

Thanks,

I do like the fact its pretty easy to cycle it with the sp150, so I may try a 430mm 6.01mm barrel first to see if that pushes it up abit.
      Not looking to max it out at 500fps, but gaining a bit would be nice as I use madbull .40g's.

Thx
      Adi

Comment

laylax red piston
        laylax long barrel (6.03mm)
        dampers
        what is this cylinder ptfe mod?
        also would like to know the hop rubber mod
        thanks
        I AM A NOOB ON A MISSION!!!

Comment

PTFE cylinder mod is just wrapping the thread with some PTFE tape to get a better airseal.

Hopup PTFE mod is wrapping some PTFE around the rear side of the rubber and the barrel. Again to give it a better airseal

Comment

Sorry but the above advice is not necessary!

No point in going out spending lots of money when you can first look at what you have and see if it can be improved.

First thing is to clean it all up propperly as crap in your barrel will slow BB's etc so clean that out along with the hop rubber. Check the hop rubber has no tears / perrished anywhere.

Also clean out the inner cylinder too and check the condition of the piston head and O-ring.

Its most likely a little bit of muck but more so an old and weakened spring and worn out o-ring.

I replaced an o-ring on a laylax piston the other day and i went from 380 fps to 420, gave it a good clean and job done.

Don't fit a 170 spring as it will end up over 500fps, a 6.01 tightbore barrel does not perform any better than a 6.03, from personal tests i found the 6.01 to perform worse in accuracy and range!

So, clean it, check for damages! Fit a new o-ring on your piston or wrap some cotton arround the groove of the piston (where the o-ring sits) so the cotton is expanding the o-ring out.

Then re chrono.

The laylax high pressure o-rings are useless though you should allways fit your original vsr piston o-ring on there for best results.

Comment

Hi,

The whole gun was stripped, cleaned and re-oiled the day before so that side isn't an issue. The hop-up rubber is brand new (also installed the day before), and the new piston was also installed the day before.

Might try replacing the o-ring if that doesn't work the spring sounds like its the next logical thing to replace.

Thx
              Adi

Comment

absolutely, replace the o-ring with a stock vsr one if youcan, the high pressure upgraded piston o-ring is just too thin to use.

goodluck

Comment

Originally posted by badas View Post
                  absolutely, replace the o-ring with a stock vsr one if youcan, the high pressure upgraded piston o-ring is just too thin to use.

goodluck
                  Ah in that case it is the original o-ring as its very chuncky compared to all the other o-rings in my VSR parks bag!

Adi

Comment

If you try and fit the piston in the cylinder without anything else inside it but place the piston in upside down... You should get some resistance from the rubber pressing against the insides of the cylinder...

If not it's worn too much so do the cotton wrap I mentioned above.

Failing all that try a new rubber but best to try it all out whilst you have access to a chrono unless u have a brand spanking new Vsr rubber (TM).

Comment

Does anyone know/could measure a sp150 spring for its lenght?

Thx
                      Adi

Comment

This might explain the lack of fps!

Old one on top.

Adi

Comment

yup, had to fix up a vsr for a guy recently and same thing as above, old spring was not a 150 due to size but they do shrink a little after use and fitting for some time

Comment

doesnt matter about the length mate,

it is the strength and coil power

i can hit 490-500 using a sp140 spring and relivant upgrades and tweaks

quite easy really

Comment

Ime pretty sure it does when the spring your taking about is made from the same thickness material, if it was thicker then I could see what you mean.

Adi

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

vortex Find out more about vortex
                              Working...
                              X