Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CA M24 Mags not sitting/feeding right

Hi All

Setting my M24 up for Catterick in a couple of weeks and the mags I have (CA ones) do not sit quite right in the magwell.

In order for them to feed I need to press a little on the rear of the mag while cocking. Otherwise the nozzle seems to ram into the BB's, not feed them into the chamber and take chunks out of them.

Any suggestions? I was thinking of placing a thin piece of plastic on the front top of the mag, to cause it to sit a little more straight.

Any help and suggestions would be much appreciated

-Sam
    Always looking for G3 Mid cap mags. PM me.

Re: CA M24 Mags not sitting/feeding right

id love to have CA mags, the 1 that came with my gun broke and ive had to make M99 barrett 1s fit.
    sounds like the spring that helps eject mags is too strong?

Originally posted by Metalbody
    pulling one off certainly feels good

Comment

ive had a few issues with the mags for my CA M24. Basically the mag design seems ok, but they are constructed entirely of plastic and seem prone to breakage if you don't treat them well.
      I think the problem is probably to do with how deep the mag sits in the magwell. When i strip my gun, i always have to make sure that when i reposition the barrel, action etc in the stock, i do not tighten down the allen keys until i position it so that the mags fit perfectly without the magwell putting pressure on them and preventing them from ejecting easily.
      What i would suggest is that the cylinder end may not be aligning properly with the bb, and is probably pushing it against the front of the hop, rather than into it.
      I would suggest taking the gun out of the stock, removing the trigger unit and looking closely at how the probe hits the bb as it will be easier to see this happen. You can then maybe put something at the bottom of the magwell to prevent the mag from going in too far.
      If you only have one mag there is a possibility that it may be worn etc, as i said they aren't the best. If you do replace them, I think there are metal ones from another model, but i'm not sure. I have 4 currently, if any break i will look into metal replacements.
      Hope this helps.

Comment

Well I've managed to solve it with the clever placement of a strip of sticky pad. It's like couble sided tape with foam in the middle. Sat it in front of the load tube thing and it rocks the mag forward a little.

I think the problem was caused by the PDI chamber in the M24 being slightly out of spec with the stock one.

Working great now, just need to up the FPS a little.
        Always looking for G3 Mid cap mags. PM me.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

vice Software Engineer from Leeds Find out more about vice
        Working...
        X