Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Type 96 PDI Hop Chamber

Yo
    Installed a Type 96 PDI Hop Chamber into my Warrior with a Madbull 6.03 V2 509mm barrel and promy red type air seal rubber. The BBs just go straight down and to the left when shot. Iv tried re-aligning the barrel and the hop. I don't know what's wrong. Iv tried just pushing the bb through and you have to use ALOT of force to get it past the red bit compared to the old hop up. Other upgrades:
    Full laylax cylinder piston etc

Also when bb is loaded, cocking the rifle jam's a few mm's before it's all pushed forward. You really have to push it hard.
    Cheers any help would be great
    Ric
    Stop Drop And Roll

Re: Type 96 PDI Hop Chamber

Well have you tried adjusting the hop :S?

Comment

have you put the rubber in the right way round?

Comment

i have this occasionaly with the jamming that is, i found that the mag can move up and down abit, you have to get it at the right level and then it will go forwards, also if you push it forwards whilst its jammed the bbs will shatter and then will get embedded in your piston head and rip your hop rubber, as for the hop problem, take out the hop and inner barrel from your gun, and look to see how much of a lump there is, also have you installed the spring properly? i used to find mine a pain and would always move, a good way to do it is by installing the hop and inner barrel into the outer barrel without the spring on, then turning it so that the top of the hop unit is at the bottom side of the barrel where the hole is for adjusting the standard hop, put the spring in there and then twist it back the right way up. hope that this has helped
        PM me if you're looking for S-ARMS M4 mags

Comment

Cheers for both replies
          I took the aeg rubber out of my AK and put that into my pdi hop and then there was no jams. It seems like the red rubbers hole is to small/tight and the bb was getting stuck.
          I have taped my spring thing but I will try your way to see if there is any difference. How do you get the rubber round the wrong way? Little slit at the bottom. The red one was so tight that as BBs were getting pushed into it the rubber was ripping and fraying. Think this is a defect one?
          I'm gonna try and test it soon with the AK rubber to see if it is the problem
          Cheers for the help

EDIT: it went straight down with hop off and on
          Last edited by The Dr; 6 March, 2011, 18:06. Reason: To edit
          Stop Drop And Roll

Comment

so it went straight down with the hop off and on? and have you been adjusting both screws? also just so that you dont make the same mistake tht i did make sure that both screws are on full hop so that when you take the barrel out the hop arm doesnt catch on the barrel!
            PM me if you're looking for S-ARMS M4 mags

Comment

Yup 20m then straight down to the left slighty Iv tried adjusting the hop by doing 1 turn then firing. I make sure both screws are the same. I'll make sure I do the full hop thing as well. The hop rubber is basically rubbish now due to it being a rubbish fit putting it in and taking it out of the hop chamber has ripped the outside but not the bit the BB comes in contact with. Yes I used silcon oil it was just so tight the BB couldn't go through without alot of force. Think this could just be a bad rubber or was I suppose to trim it?
              Stop Drop And Roll

Comment

Your problem might be in the fact you used silicone oil. I've always thought that you should avoid getting anything oil based, silicone or not, on the hop rubber.
                The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

as above you may have silicone oil on the rubber, when my hop rubber gets wet when playing in rain, my gun does exactly the same

Originally posted by Metalbody
                  pulling one off certainly feels good

Comment

you put a bit of oil on the *outside* of the hop rubber in order to get it into the PDI unit

the problems with feeding he is having would not be caused by excess oil getting *inside* his hop rubber.
                    Originally posted by palmer234
                    Swerve talks sense. I like him.
                    Originally posted by Robin-Hood
                    Swerve does in fact talk sense, I also like him.

Comment

I was battling with my PDI hop up all day yesterday - seems more trouble than it's worth.

My hop was set evenly on both sides, barrel was clean, minimal wind, shooting with a bipod for a steady shot and still it seemed totally random whether a BB would stay on course or not (.30g). In one particular sequence of five steady shots two swayed to the left, one to the right, one up and one on target.

Might I need an even heavier BB? I'm put off my the crazy prices of .40g and higher!
                      There's a part of me that still believes my soul will soar above the trees

Comment

0.40g bb's are not expensive if you use them properly.

a bottle of 3000 0.4's is about £27 and will last you over 2 months verry verry easily if your shooting right,

an AEG will use on average 3K a day usualy at £7 atleast per bottle, so in 2months of action and you have spent same as a bottle of sniper ammo :P

Comment

firstly, dry the RED hard hop rubber off.

also dry the pdi unit off on the inside, then wipe clean with a CLEAN and dry cloth,

also undo the 4 grub screws on the unit until they are all level with the holes,
                          then insert the barrel, adjust the rubber alignment and barrel.

tighten the grub screws EVENLY so quater turn at a time on the side ones as this is your barrel alignment,

then do the same for the hop adjustment screws, but count the ammount of turns on each, these HAVE TO BE PERFECT, otherwise you wont get a true hop and line of flight

Comment

Originally posted by badas View Post
                            0.40g bb's are not expensive if you use them properly.

a bottle of 3000 0.4's is about £27 and will last you over 2 months verry verry easily if your shooting right,

an AEG will use on average 3K a day usualy at £7 atleast per bottle, so in 2months of action and you have spent same as a bottle of sniper ammo :P
                            True that, true that

Originally posted by guard-sniper87 View Post
                            firstly, dry the RED hard hop rubber off.

also dry the pdi unit off on the inside, then wipe clean with a CLEAN and dry cloth,

also undo the 4 grub screws on the unit until they are all level with the holes,
                            then insert the barrel, adjust the rubber alignment and barrel.

tighten the grub screws EVENLY so quater turn at a time on the side ones as this is your barrel alignment,

then do the same for the hop adjustment screws, but count the ammount of turns on each, these HAVE TO BE PERFECT, otherwise you wont get a true hop and line of flight
                            Nice one, thanks for the tip mate. I'll strip my unit down, give a thorough clean and rebuild using the above. Fingers crossed it makes an improvement
                            There's a part of me that still believes my soul will soar above the trees

Comment

Agreed alot of hassle but for me no other option as the one that comes with the gun is not aligned right and I mean the actually unit not just with the barrel. And yes silcon on the outside. As for BB weight I brought a bag of 2k 0.28g last April-May when I started airsoft and I reckon I have about 200 left. As a sniper you shouldn't go through to many.
                              Ok just shot it with the soft rubber my AK came with and it had no problems feeding and shooting straight. What was wrong with the red rubber? I put it on excerpt same way you would any other aeg rubber.
                              Ric
                              Stop Drop And Roll

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

The Dr Find out more about The Dr
                              Working...
                              X