Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A&K svd

Hi guys

Not a problem as such more of i kinda looking for some advice in what tightbore barrel to use in my A&k Svd and maybe a change in hop up. As far as i know It takes AEG parts but i could be wrong.

would be greatful for any advice

Massey
    G&p XM117
    Jls Scar
    Agm m14
    A&k svd
    CA Mp5
    Originally posted by fallout3021
    nothing that works should have jls in its name lol

Re: A&K svd

The A&K dragunov takes a AEG hop up and barrel. I believe it is a 590mm length. Whats your budget for a Tightbore and a Hop up?
    "I'm proud of my invention, but I'm sad that it is used by terrorists .. I would prefer to have invented a machine that people could use and that would help farmers with their work — for example a lawn mower." - Mikhail Kalashnikov

Comment

get a madbul atleast, you won't get a massive diference in performance though but it should be slightly more accurate.

pdi may be better but twice as expensive if bought new

hop rubber, if it takes AEG ones then get a promy AEG type (soft)

Comment

I thought it did, Ermm at the moment I just looking so for now money isnt an issue as such (i hoping to get an idea of whats out there on here then go from there)
        G&p XM117
        Jls Scar
        Agm m14
        A&k svd
        CA Mp5

Comment

there is a CO2 conversion kit that allows for easier cocking of the rifle, effortless nearly

the only video i have seen of it though delivers lowish fps but i don't know if its adjustable

Comment

Would prob be looking to keep with spring power mate for the time being but thanks, may well have a look for that video anyway though out of interest.
            G&p XM117
            Jls Scar
            Agm m14
            A&k svd
            CA Mp5

Comment

Madbull Black Python 6.03mm

Guarder 70 hardness hop rubber and nub (VERY HARD...but it's a 500fps gun, so...)

Spare ms140/ms150 spring

Reinforced Piston (not always necessary)

Reinforced Sear (only worth replacing after stock one goes... mine is still stock there)

Possibly a better O-Ring.

There's my contribution. I have installed the parts in italics, and the parts in bold are recommended upgrades that I haven't managed to install yet.
              Great range and groupings with these current upgrades. 50m dead accurate, 70m drop on targets, still accurate and consistant groupings.

Oh, make sure you know how to get to the base of the barrel. You must make sure that the barrel is tight. The A&K Dragunovs are notorious for barrel wobble. Make sure to strip your gun (it's easy once you've done it once/twice before) regularly and tighten those screws regularly! Or wedge something in the handgrip pushing the barrel up!

By checking this regularly my Dragunov's range has nearly doubled!!

Also a few blobs of grease at the front and back of the bolt guides are useful. Made my bolt pull noticably easier.
              sigpic

Comment

Cheers for the help guys I think i have an idea of what I'll be going for now. Sorry for slow reply by the way, havnt had loads of time on a computer recently.
                G&p XM117
                Jls Scar
                Agm m14
                A&k svd
                CA Mp5

Comment

Any ideas how easy it is to upgrade a King Arms? Id like to tight bore it and take it from 420fps ish to 490.
                  https://www.youtube.com/user/AirsoftbyOliver - My Youtube channel.

Comment

you'll need an ms150 (or m150 or sp150, depending on brand) spring.

then because it's a semi auto, you'll need to upgrade the gearbox too, which isn't my speciality, but i believe bushings are needed... basically a whole strengthened gear box.

TBH it's totally different gun, have a search on the forums, or make a new thread!

However, isn't the limit for Semi auto rifles 425 fps?
                    sigpic

Comment

I made a uprade guide .... so use the search function .

Comment

Hi, I bought the A&K dragunov less than a week ago. I have been having trouble shooting accurate at maybe 60-70 feet. I will be purchasing a scope so human error will decrease when I receive that but have seen bbs lose their straight path very quickly. I am using .2's but have also ordered .36's. Will the heavier BB fix the problem of it being inaccurate?
                        Also I plan to in future buy the madbull barrel listed above, but do not know how to replace a barrel, and especially not on the SVD as the hop up unit is unlike anything I have seen before. If anyone has a guide on how to do that I would be very grateful.

Also, would anyone be able to provide links to the hop up bucking and nub suggested above as I cant find it anywhere outside of airsoftGI, which dont ship to the UK. And again, a guide on how to replace those parts would be very helpful.

So in short, can anyone write a gide on how to install upgrades to this gun, as google will not help, and there is no manual.
                        Many thanks guys, =D good luck with all your 'softing.
                        I am Fish. Point.Click.Thwack."Hit"
                        Loadout -
                        A&K Dragunov SVD
                        G&G MP5-A4
                        Red Tiger combat knife
                        And A Whole Lot of BadAss

Comment

Bump.
                          I am Fish. Point.Click.Thwack."Hit"
                          Loadout -
                          A&K Dragunov SVD