Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VSR 90 Degree Piston

Hi All,

I have a VSR using a Zero Trigger. If i need a new piston, apart from the Laylax orange piston, what other pistons are compatible?

Cheers
    D

Re: VSR 90 Degree Piston

Google helped me with this but it might help.

http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/lo...p/t102796.html
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." - Napolean

Comment

polar star do one, i had polar star sears in an old VSR and all worked fine

Comment

thanks for the replies. From the above and other articles i have read, it appears the Polar Star should be ok but theres differing views on the PDI piston set.

Anyone had any experience with PolarStar?

Comment

Not had experience with a polar star piston but if any of their other parts are to go by, then they are fine.

PDI are good but only if you got the money and can find the parts (piston seperatly).

Comment

I'm pretty sure the Red piston by laylax will work, also you could get a polar star, EDgI does his own piston, not sure if a PDI would work or not.

I'm 99% sure the red and orange pistons are the same, just different colours as one comes bundled with the zero trigger and the other is sold separately.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

The Red piston is for use with upgraded sears and runs at 45 degrees. I know i dont need this piston.

Anyone had any experience with Edgi?

The problem i have is with my current laylax zt and orange piston is .... when i cock the rifle sometimes it doesnt catch however if i lower the cocking lever when the cyclinder is cocked the piston does catch, this make me thing the piston is worn on one side???

Comment

Can't honestly say without seeing pictures but i can't understand how the angle of the cocking lever should alter if the piston is beingcaught or not :/

Comment

Originally posted by dazz666 View Post
                  The Red piston is for use with upgraded sears and runs at 45 degrees. I know i dont need this piston.

Anyone had any experience with Edgi?

The problem i have is with my current laylax zt and orange piston is .... when i cock the rifle sometimes it doesnt catch however if i lower the cocking lever when the cyclinder is cocked the piston does catch, this make me thing the piston is worn on one side???
                  If this is the problem i would say your pistons fine but your piston sear is on its way out? if its worn it would make sence you have to lower the cocking handle as when you cock the gun with the handle down it would create some downwords force and allowing the piston sear to grab the piston? how olds your Zero trigger set?
                  sigpic

Airsoft.... Like Paintball, but for MEN!

Comment

I second matt there, only other thing I can think that could be the problem
                    Would be the o rings in the receiver being worn if this is the case you can cut a pair from kodak camra film case as it's just the right diameter and will not wear as quickly as the o-rings, gives really smooth cocking as well.

Jack
                    Need VSR advice? Get in contact I may be able to help!

Comment

thanks for the advice guys, im very familure with building VSRs but this one baffled me.
                      The rifle is firing ok now albeit i have done nothing but leave it over night.

I have managed to get a quote for a PolarStar 90' piston for $70 all in.

The PolarStar piston has a slightly larger surface area for the sear to catch onto. I havent bought it yet but tempted when payday comes round again.

Comment

Originally posted by jackwarz View Post
                        I second matt there, only other thing I can think that could be the problem
                        Would be the o rings in the receiver being worn if this is the case you can cut a pair from kodak camra film case as it's just the right diameter and will not wear as quickly as the o-rings, gives really smooth cocking as well.

Jack
                        I have one plastic o-ring at the end of the receiver , Where should they both go?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

dazz666 Find out more about dazz666
                        Working...
                        X