Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VSR 10 Gspec problem, cocked but stuck

Hey guys,

So I've just received this VSR 10 Gspec today and as you can imagine I was very excited to give it a go I had a quick flick through the manual and then decided to fire a few rounds.

I pulled back on the lever and heard a click like the manual said it would then it was locked back and no matter what I did I could not push it back into place eventually I had to pull the trigger which slammed the whole thing back into the gun....

I have tried multiple times and the only way after cocking to get the cylinder back inside the gun is to pull the trigger and hold the bolt with the other hand to slow it down so it doesnt break the gun.

I read a few guides on taking it apart I removed the cylinder and its head then the piston and spring, I cleaned the old dirty grease out and replaced it with a small amount of fresh grease and a light coating of oil on the spring, put it all back together and it's just the same.

I suppose the problem is inside the trigger assembly which I havent taken apart yet, does anyone have advice before I proceed further?

Thanks guys

Re: VSR 10 Gspec problem, cocked but stuck

I forgot to mention it came fully upgraded with,

1x Laylax Spring - 170SP
    1x Laylax Spring Guide
    1x Laylax High Pressure Piston
    1x Laylax Teflon Cylinder
    1x Laylax Cylinder Head
    1x Laylax 6.03mm Inner Barrel for G-Spec (303mm)
    1x PDI Piston Sear for Marui VSR
    1x PDI Trigger Sear for Marui VSR

Comment

Trigger assembly taken apart, no obvious broken parts reassembled and still same problem.

Comment

Hey there mate, if the rifle is new then it will most likely be the pdi
        Spring guide stopper scraping the top of the cylinder, not to worry though as the parts will either bed in or could be resolved simply by filing down the top of the spring guide. Make sure you clean it of before putting back in.

Another fix could simply be pushing the pdi spring guide stopper all the way up, as that would also affect the cocking. Also the new spring will need to bed in so it will be stiff at first.

Hope this helps and make sure to oil it well!!

Jack
        Need VSR advice? Get in contact I may be able to help!

Comment

Sorry that should be file the top of the SPRING GUIDE STOPPER

Comment

it could be the hop rubber, i had a full laylax upgraded vsr g-spec, and the hop rubber was corroded to hell, once it was replaced, it fired like a dream

try that mate
            Originally posted by Fenriz
            Hicaps are as bad as two-tone. Or rape.

Comment

second post.............stupid laptop
              Last edited by riddick 1811; 9 May, 2011, 21:44. Reason: double post
              Originally posted by Fenriz
              Hicaps are as bad as two-tone. Or rape.

Comment

Trust me on this one, is what your saying the cocking handle is hard to push down into place? Just file the very top of the spring guide stopper. The only other thing I can think you could do is contact Badas, he's pretty clued up on vsr's.

Jack

Comment

Thanks for the replys,

Jack, the cocking handle isnt hard to push into place its the entire cylinder once pulled back does not go back inside the gun. (untill I pull the trigger and slowly guide it back)

I can also say for sure its nothing to do with the hop unit as I tried with the barrel (including hop unit) removed.

Are the spring guide stoppers supposed to be so hard to get back in the gun, its almost impossible ><

Comment

Yeah first few times it's really hard, but web you are trying to get
                    It back in make sure that you align it all up
                    By moving the cocking handle so that no bits are In the way
                    You could try tapping it lightly with a hammer or the end of
                    A screw driver. Bit of oil wouldn't go a miss either.

Jack

Comment

It should never be that tight to get in the gun

Trust me

Take It out look at the internal cylinder walls, if they have been marked or scored don't use it again!

Also the stopping bolt will be the sears as they are pdi not laylax
                      they don't work well with the laylax internal as they are minutely bigger in catchment areas

have alook at the condtion qnd oriantation of the piston sear and it's return spring

Comment

Initially I thought if I could solve the cylinder getting stuck problem the gun would work and I would be home and dry, I have just noticed the white plastic nib on the end of the piston head is totally snapped off.

So my first question is can that bit of plastic somehow be replaced or does the entire piston need to be replaced? (looks like it cant be replaced)

Also there are 3 washers at the back of the piston guide two regular one gold coloured one with tiny bearings in it, as you should be able to see in the picture there is some play inbetween the washers and I wanted to know if this is how it should be.

I tried to twist the piston guide to see if it was loose but theres no movement.

I also pushed the piston through the cylinder without a spring it feels smooth with almost no ressistance, when removing the piston from the cylinder it comes out the end easily apart from the rear white plastic bush which gets caught on the threads and has some scratching because of this.

You should also be able to see the spring guide stopper has a bit of damage above the pit hole which I assume is normal from being forced past the high tension guide.

And as far as damage inside the cylinder goes it has a few light scratches here and there but they are very very minor.

So yea.. my number one problem is still the cylinder getting stuck on the pull back.

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Comment

parts look fine....

take everything out of the cylinder, take the o-ring off the piston and just drop the piston in the cylinder and see if its sliding in and out easily enough

Comment

At the opposite end of the cylinder head - the bolt handle?
                            Check how tight the Alan bolt at the very end is... As if it's loose it's really hard to cock...
                            Just a simple suggestion may or may not be so simple haha let us know how you get on...
                            Cheers
                            My iTrader:
                            http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=103714

sigpic

Comment

Hey dark wolf,

Thanks for your input, there is nothing wrong with the bolt handle when I pull the cylinder back out of the gun to cock it I literally cant push the cylinder back inside the gun before firing, the only way to get it back inside is pull the trigger and guide it back in as slow as you can.

I might have to upload a video on youtube or something.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

KimochiRockstar Find out more about KimochiRockstar
                              Working...
                              X