Zero trigger broken spring :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zero trigger broken spring :(

Had an APS2 zero trigger fitted in my M24 for about 6 skirmishes.
    Gun started not clicking back when bolt pulled back.
    Removed trigger to find a broken spring that attaches to the trigger sear to make it spring back?

Pic of spring

Now i highly doubt its an off the shelf part but can anyone think of where i can source a replacement????

Originally posted by Metalbody
    pulling one off certainly feels good

Re: Zero trigger broken spring

I broke the exact same spring when I lost a pin in my Laylax APS l96 zero trigger and used a spare tappet plate one in it's place that I found lying about. If that doesn't work, try finding a AEG trigger contact spring, that may fit a little better if the dimensions are different.

You should find it will do the job. May require a bit of tweaking but mine now works fine. Though it does make taking apart the Zero trigger a bit more fiddly because the spring is a little stiffer.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." - Napolean

Comment

Known issue. If you contact the seller (if new) they usually fix it for you.

However i got mine from China and i had the same thing happen so sending it back wasn't much of an option.

I replaced the spring by using one from an M4 gearbox that connects to the tappet plate. Or you can buy a gear box spring set which from major airsoft retailers which will contain said spring for about $4.

Not sure whyere you'd buy the single spring on it's own though.

Word of warning, remove the rear trigger spring before dismantling unless you want the parts to go flying everywhere.

Comment

Awesome thanks guys, how do i get the pin out the spring was on? just tap it out? and how to re attach to trigger sear?

Comment

I don't know what type of Zero trigger you have, but I very carefully unscrewed the top plate screws and tried not to disturb all the other pieces and had to hook it on with the Zero trigger in half.

(didn't help all the bits still came out of place.) But I'm fairly adept, so rebuilt it.

Be warned, half the pins have washers, or can only go in one slot for their own reasons it is a VERY fiddly job.

usually a very thin screwdriver helps when you are sealing it and moving the pins back into the plate.

DON'T try and tap it out, they're larger inner diameter this WILL NOT WORK.

You have to bite the bullet on this one and take apart your zero trigger, unless you are confident that you can wrap the spring around.

Failing that send it to a gunsmith and ask them to do it.

I personally got a lot of confidence knowing that I can rebuild it (same as taking apart a Mechbox) but it is a smaller scale and a lot more fiddly.
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." - Napolean

Comment

............Now just to find a reliable gunsmith

Comment

to be honest it's not difficult. You just need patience.

as long as you remove the rear spring first and then dissasemble you should be fine.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

private parts Find out more about private parts
              Working...
              X