Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Inner barrels - do they make a difference?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inner barrels - do they make a difference?

Ok, so on z1 there are various 6.03mm inner barrels for the sniper rifles, but what i want to know is, are they really worth the money? Does a few tenth of a millimeter actually make much of a difference to accuracy and range?

I know say a standard vsr barrel, which i thiink is 6.08mm wide to 6.01mm will make a pretty dramatic difference, but say 6.05mm to 6.03mm, will it make much of a change, and is it worth 60 odd quid?

Cheers.

Re: Inner barrels - do they make a difference?

It's not so much about the diameter, as the consistency of surface. Also, it's my opinion that a wider barrel will produce better accuracy results. Certainly seems to with with 2 barrels I swap between my M40 and VSR. Both made by PDI, one 6.01 one 6.05. The 6.05 is much better. Thankfully, I didn't pay full price for the 6.01. I will be ordering a 6.08 soon. Barrels aren't as big a deal to accuracy as people make out though. They make a difference for sure, a poor one you'll notice. But there's little between a PDI 6.05 and a Laylax 6.03.

Edit: From PDI's website.
    08 barrel has a larger bore than any other tight barrel ,so less pressure & ball speed is not high. But 08 Barrel has a stable air flow as below.BB will get the air stream,so it makes more fly & straight ballistic.
    You heard the man ; )
    sigpic
    Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
    I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

You can get Madbull tightbores, which are extremely popular from my experience and for as little as £25 at the right shops. No need to spend a fortune

Comment

But their consistency is poor... They were reviewed a little while back as being excelent on the basis that they are often tighter than advertised. Certainly tighter is probably better than wider than advertised, but the average diameter of a 6.03 measuring at 6.01 is an appauling margin of error. And thats only 'average'. Some of the barrel could be considerably wider (like 6.08) and inconsistencies affect the way the round travels down the barrel a lot more than the diameter does.

Comment

also bear in mind that certain types of bb's can leave Teflon/wax/other deposits on the inner surface of the barrel, significantly dropping the fps and accuracy of said barrel.

a lot of inconsistencies and unwanted material can be removed with wire wool and a good polish!
          Student Of Master Fong

Comment

I'd have thought inconsitencies on the level of .01mm would be more likely added by the use of wire wool, not removed... At least certainly on brass barrels. Unwanted material, fair enough though.

Comment

Thanks for help.

After searching ive found out theres actually ALOT of interesting physics when a bb goes down a tight barrel. I might just stay clear of a 6.01. Or i could use my 6.05 on a cold day, hope it will shrink abit:D

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

bravotwozero Eyes on. Find out more about bravotwozero
              Working...
              X