Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VSR cylinder head folding hop rubber into itself

Hi guys,
    I've been racking my brain for a while now, like my brain - google has turned up nothing so wondering if you guys could help...

Basically, i've got my VSR with all the laylax goody parts in there. Had a problem with my old rubber - when when i'd cock it, with a mag in, the cocking handle would need to pushed slightly further foward to fire. I didn't really think much at the time, just maybe something to do with the mags i had or something.

So after about 20 shots of this, i noticed my FPS had reduced a huge amount, and my range and accuracy had just died. I looked into the magwell and noticed i could no longer see the hop rubber...

Striped it down and removed the hop bucking(a nineball), here's a image of the hoprubber when i removed it:

So, i though i'd must of just fitted it wrong, and got a firefly hard as a replacment.

With the new rubber fitted, took it to a game yesterday and fired a couple of shots, and after about 5 it started to do the same thing again, uncocked, looked under neath and the hop rubber had bent in on itself again. Fortunetly managed to get it unfolded and looks in one piece.

Anyways, just wondered if you guys had any idea why this keeps happening?

Heres whats in my set up which i think might be contrubing to it-

- Laylax cylinder head
    - Laylax Teflon coated cylinder
    - Foamed stock(sanded flush)
    - Laylax 6.03 barrel
    - PTFE tape wraped round the rubber
    - Stock chamber with hop arm modifications(Half a large biro tube over the prongs)
    (plus other upgrades but i think these would be the main factors)

Obviously i will have to take another look at the foam in the stock but doubt this is causing it. Another reason i can think is too much PTFE tape on the rubber?

Just wondered if any of you have experienced this before or seen anyone else with this problem and knew how to remedy it?

Re: VSR cylinder head folding hop rubber into itself

firstly what fps is your rifle ??

second- what type of hop rubber did you get the hard or soft type

the hop mod ( if done correctly ) wont cause any damage to the hop rubber at all, same with the PTFE layers...

with the damage mate, it has been fitted wrong,

if you allowed the spaces for the upper reciever with a few mm clearance then the foam wont cause that

the trouble is internal wise

so strip it and re build gently

Comment

Possibly worn o-rings in the receiver ?
      This would mean that the cylinder does not
      Align properly, and therefore the rubber gets damaged?

Just a thought.

Jack
      Need VSR advice? Get in contact I may be able to help!

Comment

i had a prob with my bar10 that was similar. the front allen screw in the main body was not tight enough due to the soundproofing i had used over time shifted causing the barrel not to sit flush or as close as it could have to the stock body .

Comment

worn or even missing o-rings in the reciever?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

diola383 Find out more about diola383
          Working...
          X