Collapse

VSR Sears not engaging? (Picture heavy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VSR Sears not engaging? (Picture heavy)

Hi again!

I need a bit more help with my VSR.

I've installed PDI sears both 1st and 2nd. But for whatever reason they won't engage. I have Laylax internals in the cylinder but I presume they are compatable as Zero One sells the upgraded package with PDI sears and Laylax.

I've taken a few picture, so that anyone with a bit more knowlege than me can diagnose the problem.

Here is everything together:

From above the sears when the trigger assembly is together:

Inside the assembly, I don't know if anything is missing or wrong?

And finally the cylinder if that helps...

Cheers in a advance for your help!

I have a feeling that I haven't set up the mech properly or a spring is missing.
    Last edited by reb; 4 June, 2011, 11:55.

Re: VSR Sears not engaging? (Picture heavy)

Just a thought but, it may not be the sears or the piston. VSR trigger mechanisms have a nasty habit of stripping the screws where they bolt to the reciever. The front screw is particularly notorious for this. Try tightening these screws as much as possible. Even a millimetre of movement can be enough for the sears not to engage. If the screws are stripped, you'll need to retap and fit new ones.

Comment

Damn, that will be a bit of a pain. Though they have only been off once or twice.

Does the inside of the mech look OK?
      It doesn't seem right to me, I can't work out how it actually works.

Comment

which piston do you have?

Comment

I bought a vsr that had the same problem, Im sure the guy thought it was knackered and was just going to give me the ''It was all ok when I had it'' banter. Turned out it was the adjustment for trigger pull and pressure, loosen them off a little see if that helps.

Obviously with the screws wound in it stops the sear from catching the piston in its backward ''cocked'' position.
          Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

The rear grub screw is the adjustment screw for trigger pull

Undo it all the way so it makes the trigger have a lot of play

As you have installed new sears you will need to re set the adjustment screw according to the piston used

Comment

Thanks for the help guys. The piston I am using is the Laylax red high pressure one.

I've had a go at tightening the screws holding the mech to the body, and the adjustment screws, but its made no difference. I've untightened the stroke all the way, and had a play with the other but it still doesnt engage, I can feel the spring compressing, it just won't lock.

I don't know if you can see on the pictures but, the rear screw (stroke) doesnt actually have a spring, is it meant to?

EDIT:

Just had a look at the other side of the mech, and the sear looks like its not going all the way up as you can see by the silver pin:

Last edited by reb; 4 June, 2011, 17:36.

Comment

edit....does it work when its all together? Catches the piston then release when you pull the trigger?
                Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Nope, doesn't catch anything. When I pull it back, if I don't put it back to rest it springs back into the rifle. If that makes sense, slam firing I think its called.

Comment

Sorry for the double post but I've just had a thought.

Does the piston have to be at a certain position as I just put it in any old way (it is the right way round).

Comment

I had the same problem with this PSS10 high pressure piston, I replaced sears twice no joy, seems only laytax sears work and as they are not available piston is no good, so I am selling piston for half the price I purchased it for.
                      Mike

Comment

But if you have a look on the Zero One VSR Bundle they have the same piston with the PDI sears.

Comment

Sorry for the double post again...

I just put the stock spring and piston back in (spring guide is still Laylax and sears PDI) and it works. This makes me think maybe it is a compatibility thing. A real bugger as it probably means I'd have to change the spring/spring guide, piston and cylinder head?

Comment

I have PSS10 150 spring, PSS10 spring guide, PSS10 high pressure piston, stock cylinder and cylinder head. Changing the cylinder or head I can't see this improving the slam firing, evey forum I have asked this question in have said don't mix laylax and PDI internals, I have so they are right.

Mike

Comment

The next question then is where to get a PDI piston as Zero One don't stock or sell them? and hope that the spring, spring guide and cylinder head are compatible.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

reb Find out more about reb
                              Working...
                              X