TM VSR10 query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM VSR10 query

Has anyone fitted an action army teflon cylinder to their TM vsr10? I am thinking about purchasing one of these cylinders and was wondering if they are any good, the only reason I though about it was the fact it is a lot cheaper than the Laylax one and it comes with the end nozzle included.I have upgraded the rest of the rifle with Laylax pss10 internals and thought the cylinder would be a great addition?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Re: TM VSR10 query

not having used the army one, but the idea of the cylinders is precission engineering, for a smoother fit and slide in the upper reciever, the teflon coating insides a bonus. I had a go with a vsr after all the pdi parts where fit and it was so easy and smooth too cock the gun, something you could only get with all of the parts fitting perfect together.

Another point might be how much you use it, upgrading shouldnt be a chore, if this is your 10th riffle then id say its not so important you spend the money on it. If this is your only rifle then maybe it is easier to justify the spend on it.

Comment

Cheers for the response, The rifle is not my only weapon but at the moment I use it all the time.I'm loving the buzz of the one shot one kill.
      All i was wondering was, Is this going to be a good product or would it be better fitting the Laylax version at a greater cost ? At the moment all upgrades in the rifle are laylax except the sears they are both PDI. I was just thinking that the Action Army cylinder is £75 all in where as the Laylax one is £120 all in, so as you can see there is a big saving to be made! All I want is a nice smooth cocking action, as at the moment with a 150 spring fitted it is stiff to cock and push the bolt back into the firing position.

Comment

I had a few problems getting PDI sears to work with the Laylax parts. So I bought the Action Army cylinder set and piston and it works like a dream. For the money it's really nice, and I'm sure the quality is equal to Laylax.

They were actually recommended to me by someone I got talking to last skirmish. I think the parts are starting to build a fairly good reputation for themselves.

Comment

Sounds like you were impressed with the Action Army stuff then! I think I'll give the cylinder a try, and for the money you can't really go wrong! As for the laylax and pdi issue you had, did they just not engage correctly? I have found that the laylaxinternal parts seem to work fine with the pdi sears so far! It is holding up ok but I have only put about 200 rounds through the gun. Just out of curiosity after installing the cylinder was it a lot easier to cock the rifle?

Comment

Yep, very impressed.

In terms of easier to cock, your still pulling back a 150 spring so its still going to be tougher than the stock spring. But it does slide a lot more smoothly and the sears actually engage with the piston which is a good sign for me anyway!

My advice would be to splash the cash and get the AA parts. In my honest opinion there is no need to replace the cylinder anyway unless you are having problems or damaged it but if your going to do it, get the AA cylinder set as I doubt it's going to brake any time soon. Two birds with one stone for half the cash!

P.S.
            I think the Laylax cylinder head is probably better than the AA...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

The Chrome Avenger Find out more about The Chrome Avenger
            Working...
            X