Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VSR 10 upgrades?

Howdy all,

I've recently acquired a TM VSR 10 G spec that has a suspected faulty trigger sear, and figured whilst I was getting a replacement I might as well consider some upgrades. What would all you snipers suggest a good starting point in terms of what to get? I have read the sticky post guide on upgrades and understand what I will eventually need to get, but I don't have any idea on where to begin.

My basic situation is that i want to get the rifle working, but also will have to upgrade the rifle over time, and want to get some use out of it whilst I do. So what i don't want to be doing is getting an upgrade that is going to cause wear on the rest of the rifle as the other parts aren't up to scratch, if you get my meaning.

What would you suggest as a good starting point other than a new trigger sear?

Thanks,

Dan
    Armoury: VFC SCAR L, VFC SCAR H SSR, VFC Mk13 EGLM, KWA Vector, TM VSR-10, WE HK416, WE AKS74UN, WE SCAR L x2, DE M56 + M56B, Maruzen M1100 + M870, LaZouche Custom Shop Colt Mk.IV Series 70, TM 1911 MEU, TM 1911 Desert Warrior, TM Desert Eagle.

Re: VSR 10 upgrades?

Im not a sniper and never used one but I reckon a TB barrel would be a good starting point.

Comment

TB barrel, new hop and rubber, new piston, new piston head and new trigger sears :p
      Oh and a 500fps spring, just because you can
      Lady Astor (first woman MP in the House of Commons): "Mr Churchill, if you were my husband, I'd put poison in your tea."
      Winston (getting unsteadily to his feet): "Madam, if I were your husband ... I'd drink it."

Comment

oh dear (awaits an angry guard) theres a huge tuning guide on here

Originally posted by Metalbody
        pulling one off certainly feels good

Comment

Originally posted by private parts View Post
          oh dear (awaits an angry guard) theres a huge tuning guide on here
          Did you even read my post or just skim it? I said I'd read that but was looking at a starting point - IE other than the trigger sear what else should I get to start me off that isn't going to cause excessive wear to the rest of the rifle.

If you don't have anything constructive to say, why post at all? :D
          Armoury: VFC SCAR L, VFC SCAR H SSR, VFC Mk13 EGLM, KWA Vector, TM VSR-10, WE HK416, WE AKS74UN, WE SCAR L x2, DE M56 + M56B, Maruzen M1100 + M870, LaZouche Custom Shop Colt Mk.IV Series 70, TM 1911 MEU, TM 1911 Desert Warrior, TM Desert Eagle.

Comment

Anything that doesn't involve the internals of the cylinder :P

You could stretch stock sears to 410 fps but i would rather not.

Apart from that just get a long tightbore and new hop rubber and go play, save your money and do the rest.

Comment

So the best idea would be to get a tightbore and new hop rubber, leave the cylinder alone, no spring replacements or anything until I have the money to put all in at once?

Comment

Internal wise, I would go for a tightbore barrel followed by hop up rubber. The hop up chamber is fine and wont need replacing. After you've replaced the rubber and barrel I'd go for the cylinder and piston parts all together with a new spring. I would recommend FireFly hard or King Arms hard rubber.
                Originally posted by psirus101
                I once got a player 100+ metres away by just pointing my finger and shouting "PEW PEW PEW". He took his ****ing hit!

Comment

Yes i read it and yes its been covered in the sticky thread

Originally posted by Metalbody
                  pulling one off certainly feels good

Comment

Originally posted by DanBeresford View Post
                    So the best idea would be to get a tightbore and new hop rubber, leave the cylinder alone, no spring replacements or anything until I have the money to put all in at once?

The best idea, leave the rifle ALONE
                    read the sticky thread with VSR upgrade parts and info

read it again
                    read it ALL
                    take it into the head and brain

then when have money, upgrade the VITAL bits first

Comment

Just get, trigger and piston sear, steel spring guide and a new upgrade piston.

No need for a new barrel.

Job done.

Comment

Right

Annoyed with newbs bot looking and reading completely

The thread covers ALL the main points you NEED to upgrade have a Consistant and well performing weApon

If you want to scrimp and stinge sell the damn rifle

If you read the thread ALL of it

The very first page tells you what you should proberly upgrade first of all !!

Comment

My basic situation is that i want to get the rifle working, but also will have to upgrade the rifle over time, and want to get some use out of it whilst I do. So what i don't want to be doing is getting an upgrade that is going to cause wear on the rest of the rifle as the other parts aren't up to scratch, if you get my meaning. I would go for a tightbore barrel followed by hop up rubber. The hop up chamber is fine and wont need replacing. After you've replaced the rubber and barrel I'd go for the cylinder and piston parts all together with a new spring.

Comment

PDI 6.01 TB, Firefly hop (hard), PDI trigger and piston sear and set pin, 500fps spring, new spring guide, firefly piston with piston head. DONT GET A BARREL THAT GOES THROUGH TO THE END OF THE SILENCER! as that will make it so much louder. i know that sounds like alot of money, but it is worth it, your vsr will be the muts.

Comment

I'd start with just the barrel. You don't want a hard hop rubber with little FPS. And as you plan on upgrading to a higher FPS in the future, i wouldn't bother buying a soft one for the short term. There is nothing wrong with the TM hop rubber so long as you don't over do things with the FPS.

There are now quite a few barrel's to choose from. I've had good experiences with the TK Twist. However they only come in VSR length not G-Spec length. And to fit it you'll need to drill the hole on your silencer to make it a little bigger. Also doing this you'll make it marginally louder. As the silencer won't be doing it's job. This is easy to fix though with the cylinder damper pads. However not actually needed.

I myself have chosen the PDI 6.05 this time round. Mainly because it was available in G-Spec length, and PDI have great tolerances.

On the other hand we have the Laylax barrel. Which is also very good. However the tolerances won't be quite as good as PDI. So for the extra few quid PDI won it for me.

PDI also do 6.01, and 6.04 for the VSR and G-Spec. (When i just say VSR that means the full length one).

Edgi also do barrels for both VSR and G-Spec. But are alot harder to source than PDI and Laylax.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

DanBeresford One of the founding members of the Anzio Immortals. http://www.youtube.com/user/AnzioImmortals Find out more about DanBeresford
                              Working...
                              X