Reciever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reciever

Hi, I'm planning on upgrading my VSR and I'm a bit confused on the reciever.

- What actually is the reciever and what is it's function?
    - Will I need to replace it if I upgrade everything else (to 500fps)? If so, any recommendations?

Thanks!
    Originally posted by psirus101
    I once got a player 100+ metres away by just pointing my finger and shouting "PEW PEW PEW". He took his ****ing hit!

Re: Reciever

The receiver on a gun is the main structure that holds the components.

In a bolt action, it's the part the bolt runs in, the barrel is attached to, etc.

On a semi-auto pistol, the term "receiver" isn't usually used, in favour of "frame" and "slide".

The Thompson doesn't actually have 2 receivers, upper and lower. What most people call the lower receiver is actually the "frame", and what they call "upper receiver" is just the receiver.

Comment

Originally posted by No1_sonuk View Post
      The receiver on a gun is the main structure that holds the components.

In a bolt action, it's the part the bolt runs in, the barrel is attached to, etc.

On a semi-auto pistol, the term "receiver" isn't usually used, in favour of "frame" and "slide".

The Thompson doesn't actually have 2 receivers, upper and lower. What most people call the lower receiver is actually the "frame", and what they call "upper receiver" is just the receiver.
      Oh ok thanks, I understand. Does this mean I'll only need to get one if I buy certain components that do not fit the regular reciever?
      Originally posted by psirus101
      I once got a player 100+ metres away by just pointing my finger and shouting "PEW PEW PEW". He took his ****ing hit!

Comment

I believe so. However, I only know about AEGs in detail, and I don't know how the strength of the parts factor in.

Comment

From what I gather you only need a new receiver with some of the PDI stuff, i think the bore up stuff.

Regular upgrade parts will fit the standard cylinder, thus receiver does not need changing.

Comment

The reciever on bolt actions is called the bolt housing,

The purpose is to hold the bolt and it's trigger unit firmly in place to allow for smooth cocking motion and cycling,

There are pdi recievers you could buy if going upto 500 fps
            But many stick to the original tm or jg receivers,

If after upgrade advice please read the upgrade guide thread on the sub forum for single shot weapons it will cover Every bit of info you will need

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

MiloXC3 Name's Milo. I like to airsoft, of course, and I am a keep mountain biker, surfer and skater, and hockey player. Find out more about MiloXC3
            Working...
            X