L96 too powerful...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L96 too powerful...

Recently bought an upgraded maruzen l96 and i love it to bits but i thought i had better chrono it today so i put some blaster .2's into it and the readings were pretty consistant around 508fps which as we all know is too powerful for pretty much anywhere.
    So, i dont really want to go buying different springs until i find one that works but if i leave it cocked for a while could it get the fps down a bit? if so how long should i leave it?
    Roses are red,
    Violets are blue,
    In soviet russia,
    Poem reads you!

Re: L96 too powerful...

I don't think there's an exact science as to how long you should keep the rifle cocked. It all depends on what type of spring/manufacturer etc.

If you simply MUST do this then prob just none night and then re-chrono.

For me, sounds like you only need to clip about 2 coils off the spring.

Comment

If it is second hand leaving it cocked will make no difference what so ever.

I take it that's with no hop applied. Most sites will allow you to set the hop up to how you use the gun on site. Then you will be fine.
      Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Without hijacking this thread too much, does anyone know how much FPS will decrease if you have full hop on with .20g's?
        "I'm proud of my invention, but I'm sad that it is used by terrorists .. I would prefer to have invented a machine that people could use and that would help farmers with their work — for example a lawn mower." - Mikhail Kalashnikov

Comment

That reading was with the hop applied, its been cocked since about 1400 so will leave it overnight although i doubt it will make a difference.

For me, sounds like you only need to clip about 2 coils off the spring.
          For some reason the thought of clipping the spring completely eluded me, good idea
          Roses are red,
          Violets are blue,
          In soviet russia,
          Poem reads you!

Comment

Ok latest update, I left it overnight and now its 520fps somehow, so im going to clip the spring but im having real difficulty removing the 3 roll pins on the rear of the bolt, any tips?
            Roses are red,
            Violets are blue,
            In soviet russia,
            Poem reads you!

Comment

lol, it's gone up!

Bolt pins?

Just unscrew the outer barrel, remove the cylinder head and you're in!

Let us know how you get one matey.

Comment

The spring and piston assembly is all contained within the bolt but ive sorted it, turns out I didnt need to remove the roll pins as the nozzle unscrews lol. Chopped a couple of coils off and its now firing at 490fps which is perfect, cheers everyone.
                Roses are red,
                Violets are blue,
                In soviet russia,
                Poem reads you!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Wølf Find out more about
                Working...
                X