Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you identify these VSR parts?

Hi,

I've recently picked up a none-working VSR in a trade and upon stripping it down it looks like the trigger, trigger sear and piston sear are all worn down, which is causing it to slam fire.

Now I am looking to get it back into working order, but I want to make sure I don't go wasting money on parts that aren't up to scratch.

I opened up the piston and took a look inside, and I believe I recognise a Laylax High Pressure piston inside, which was a pleasant surprise as I wasn't expecting an upgraded VSR to come my way.

Now, as my camera is charging in preparation for getting some photos up on here, I wanted to check in a more round about way in the mean time.

As such, are there any other pistons on the market that look identical to this or am I pretty much assured it is what I think it is?

http://www.zerooneairsoft.net/images/LXPSS10PI.jpg

Thanks in advance for any help you can give, and I apologise if this has been asked elsewhere as google and the forum search didn't come up with a definitive answer.

Dan
    Armoury: VFC SCAR L, VFC SCAR H SSR, VFC Mk13 EGLM, KWA Vector, TM VSR-10, WE HK416, WE AKS74UN, WE SCAR L x2, DE M56 + M56B, Maruzen M1100 + M870, LaZouche Custom Shop Colt Mk.IV Series 70, TM 1911 MEU, TM 1911 Desert Warrior, TM Desert Eagle.

Re: Can you identify these VSR parts?

If the piston is metal then yes it's an upgraded one of some sort and if its coloured it's likely to be laylax, the piston sear may not be knackered as its most commonly the trigger sear that bends causing it not to latch, if you notice the trigger sear not being flush with the housing then this is the problem so i advise goin for an upgrade trigger sear first but you'll more than likely need the piston sear soon if it's not already knackered which sort of makes what i just said a little bit redundant.
    sigpic

Comment

yea its a laylax piston
      Originally posted by DCRISP07
      An argument over screws, only on Zeroin :P

Comment

As above, if it looks like that, it is a laylax red piston.

I will be at the NAE 27th-30th August and replies to messages may be slow, bear with me!

Comment

What about the rest of the parts in there? Is it a metal spring guide and silver cylinder head as then they could also be LayLax.

As before, it's definitely the PSS10 piston.

Comment

My guess would be, someone smart has thrown a high pressure piston and 500 fps spring in it, and left the other parts stock, and it has done half a dozen rounds and rounded out the sear.

It's all guesswork. But has happened many a time before.

I will be at the NAE 27th-30th August and replies to messages may be slow, bear with me!

Comment

Thanks for all the help guys. I put a new TM trigger sear in before I opened up the cylinder and saw everything inside, that's what I get for buying a replacement before the rifle had been delivered.

Well the cylinder head is definitely metal too, and looks very much like the laylax part shown on Zero One.

The spring is bloody strong compared to the old BAR 10 I got rid of so I am assuming its been upgraded - not that that Jing Gong shit is anything to measure by, I suppose.

The spring guide is metal also, is that part metal on the stock TM or is there a good chance that has been upgraded too?

What would you guys suggest - a new trigger and piston sear of the Laylax variety or just go nuts and get a Zero Trigger? I of course understand that photos will help ID the parts and thus help with your advice, but until then what would the general consensus be - going on the information I have so far?
              Armoury: VFC SCAR L, VFC SCAR H SSR, VFC Mk13 EGLM, KWA Vector, TM VSR-10, WE HK416, WE AKS74UN, WE SCAR L x2, DE M56 + M56B, Maruzen M1100 + M870, LaZouche Custom Shop Colt Mk.IV Series 70, TM 1911 MEU, TM 1911 Desert Warrior, TM Desert Eagle.

Comment

The stock spring guide is plastic so it seems you have an upgraded spring guide too! Usually these are Laylax with ball bearing in the washers.

From what has been posted above, it sounds like the first option is to replace the trigger and piston sears. This is cheaper than a Zero Trigger.

On the flip side the ZT are excellent if you can justify the cost. They fit straight onto the TM VSR but if you havea JG Bar10 then you'll need to sand down the underside of the receiver by about 1-2mm so the piston sear on the ZT to catch. The Bar10 receivers are slightly thicker.

Good Luck
                Daz

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

DanBeresford One of the founding members of the Anzio Immortals. http://www.youtube.com/user/AnzioImmortals Find out more about DanBeresford
                Working...
                X