Need VSR 10 Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need VSR 10 Help

Hey all I bought a vsr10 second hand but I dont know what the upgrades are. It is shooting at 420fps with 0.2g so it must have upgraded sears and spring guide? Would this be able to take a 500-550fps spring? cheers

Re: Need VSR 10 Help

i think it will have more upgrades than just that if its firing at 420. a spring guide and sears wouldnt give you that at all i shouldnt think.. but to answer your question, i believe that as long as the sears have definitely been upgraded you should be ok with a more powerful spring, however with an fps of over 500 you wont be able to use it in many (if any) sites in the uk..

ps. someone correct me if i am wrong
    “A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

Comment

O yeah forgot to mention it must have an upgraded spring.

Comment

should be ok in that case mate..as i say, aslong as the sears are definitely upgraded.
        “A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

Comment

With a spring that high will the sears eventually wear down. And what spring shall I use for 500-550fps 0.2g a 170 spring? Also will I need to buy a zero trigger box if I upgrade it to 500fps+. Cheers
          Last edited by I love Airsoft; 20 July, 2011, 22:05.

Comment

I believe an airsoft rifle over 500 fps is illegal but do not quote me on this. Have you tried asking the the original owner? Also why don't you take a look inside, take a picture if you are not sure and post it here, then people should be able to see/help.
            "I'm proud of my invention, but I'm sad that it is used by terrorists .. I would prefer to have invented a machine that people could use and that would help farmers with their work — for example a lawn mower." - Mikhail Kalashnikov

Comment

The JG bar10 is about 420 fps when stock so this might not be upgraded in any way at all. The only way to check is remove the stock and cylinder so you can see the internals.

If they are stock sears, they will wear down in a matter of months if used regulary.

For 500 fps, reliably, you need a 150 spring, steel trigger and piston sears, steel spring guide and a high pressure piston - usually aluminium and stainless steel.

Comment

ok is the piston and zero trigger essential? and it's a tm vsr10

Comment

Not essential I don't believe, just recommended. If your gonna pimp up a rifle you may aswell do it properly.. Tightbore? That always the first thing.. With a sniper rifle, accuracy is far more important than fps

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

I love Airsoft Find out more about I love Airsoft
                  Working...
                  X