L96 wont cock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L96 wont cock

Its probably a simple problem, but my l96 will not cock.

When pulling the bolt back it goes all the way back but will not lock in... so it doesn't load a bb and wont fire.

Any ideas why?

Re: L96 wont cock

Probably a worn piston sear.
    Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Yup, your sear has worn out, or your piston lip is worn out....

ninja's!!!!!

Comment

Could be a few things

A, as Midas and maswelshman said, piston sear has worn at an odd angle
        B, as midas said the piston rim is actually worn away so there is not catching lip
        C, the trigger mech has come away from the bolt housing resulting in the piston just being pulled a few hundredths of a mm above and without contact of the sear set
        D, your not pulling it back far enough, stupid it sounds but many do it!

Comment

i figured i wasnt pulling it back far enough, but ive pulled it all the way back, im not that weak...

The guy i got it said he has put new sears and such in it... ive messaged him to see what he thinks.

:/ Hopefully its not a massive job to replace the sears if thats the problem, he did give me some spares.

Cheers everyone

Comment

yup, is there play between the barrel at the trigger end, and the body (plastic bit )of the gun, if so, tighten the 5mm (iirc) allen key, found vertically in the hole behind the trigger, if loose, it wont engage the sear

Comment

Similar thing happened to my L96. Turns out the sears were fine, just the plastic trigger box snapped that held the sears in place... after time the stress was too much to handle for my wee Well L96...
              sigpic

Comment

Ive been told the laylax bearing guide may have unscrewed slightly, and that this could cause the cocking handle to not come back all the way.

Any truth in that?

Comment

erm... no

Comment

Originally posted by madwelshman View Post
                    erm... no
                    Great.....

I did get a spare set of sears with the gun, so il take her to bits today and see what i can do.

Thanks for the advice everyone

Comment

Firstly mate get the spring guide won't stop the gun cOcking

Secondly check the body screws and the trigger mech screws which attach it the bolt housing

Third check the sears and piston

DONT put the stock sears in to test

If possible get pics of the trigger mech, sears, and piston engagement rim

Comment

im unsure how to fix this, but i do know what is wrong. It seems that, for whatever reason, the cocking handle wont go all the way back. Ive taken the piston out and fiddled with the sears that were visable, all looks good, but still it wont cock. :/

Comment

Need pics of sears, piston too (where sears catch on) to tell you if they are in working order.

Did you take the trigger mech apart?

Comment

ive been told that if i take the mech box apart the guy i bought it off wont refund me. So im trying my best to fix it with out doing that.....

Will try and get pictures of the sears up soon.

Cheers badass

Comment

Sounds like the guy you bought it off doesn't want you to discover a stock sear set lurking in the trigger mech.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

PROJECT 28X Im into Music, gaming and Airsoft. I work as an Engineer building Underwater ROV'S. Find out more about PROJECT 28X
                              Working...
                              X