L96 wont cock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: L96 wont cock

might not just be a case of nenw sears, with the l96 its not the sears that break its the plastic that holds them in place, to fix this you have to order a new triggger assembly from the usa

Comment

Ok, before this get too far out of hand. Firstly, it was me who sold him the rifle. I have a very good reputation on here both for buying, selling and offering tech advice.

The gun was working when I sold it and when he received it. However Parcel Force sent it to the wrong depot originally so it took longer than usual for delivery whilst it spent it's life travelling around the country. It could have taken a knock.

It DOES have a gaurder ball bearing spring guide (same as laylax) which are know fir coming loose. I have asked this to be checked as I'm almost certain this is the problem.

It does have stock sears! But I sent a spare set of laylax sears with it for when the sears do wear out.

ProjectX is new to upgraded rifles it would appear from some of the pms I've had and hence if he is to return it for a refund I don't want him tinkling with the mech box.

I have offered

a) full refund and I'll claim from parcel force
      b) I send the receipt so he can claim from parcel force, this way he could get to keep the rifle and get his money back. Naturally once i send the receipt I can't help any further.
      c) I send him a stock spring guide. If this works I'll refund him £20

So now you can understand I don't wanna receive the gun back in a worse state than it aready is.

ProjectX, you need to decide what you want to do mate ASAP.

Cheers

Comment

To claim for damages all original packaging must be kept, don't have it, may be a problem, as for sending him the receipt, I believe you the sender may have to claim , but without the packaging? have to claim and see.

Comment

the trigger mech has come away from the bolt housing resulting in the piston just being pulled a few hundredths of a mm above and without contact of the sear set It DOES have a gaurder ball bearing spring guide (same as laylax) which are know fir coming loose. I have asked this to be checked as I'm almost certain this is the problem.

Comment

F**K YES!!!!!

for once in my miserable life i did something right!!!!!

Was fed up with getting now where so i just went for it....

Took the bolt out, took apart the cylinder and had a play..... could find nothing 'out of place'. So i Rebuilt it and while placing it back i noticed a black spot down the barrel.

a BB was stuck, (Mental note never to use low grade 0.36 bbs) 1 long length of wax rod later, yes wax, the bb is removed....

Replaces bolt, cant get firing pin in.... after 5 mins of fiddling i realise the cylinder is out of line. I realign the spring/cylinder and bolt, then fit firing pin and viola.

Just like that she lives!!!!!!

Thanks for all the advice you gave me, im not sure how a jammed bb would affect the cocking action but its fine now....

Comment

The bb could have chopped in half and blocked it, Dont use zero one bbs lol, madbull .36s mate will work perfect, glad it's all fixed, just be sure to lube it uP correctly and with the right stuff(refer to page one for tips)

And dazza the gauder is not the same as Laylax, Laylax are steel tampered and heat treated, gaurder is not, I know I've had nearly every upgrade available for these rifles aswell as making my own...

Comment

cheers guard, it wasnt snapped it was just wedged. Im not sure how it happened, all i care is that its fixed.

Thanks again everyone

Comment

Hi Gaurd,

NP. I just wanted to let him know that the gaurder guide i supplied fitted was the "screw on" type and could be suffering the same issue the laylax ones have - they unscrew from time to time stopping the piston catching.

I used the rifle with the plastic piston for about 4-6 months and had no problems, then i came accross the steel spring guide so i fitted it (why not), i used the rifle for a few games with no problems and then sold it.

As it was a new part, the last part fitted, i assumed it must be that!

He has a spare spring guide on it's way just in case.

We live on.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

PROJECT 28X Im into Music, gaming and Airsoft. I work as an Engineer building Underwater ROV'S. Find out more about PROJECT 28X
                  Working...
                  X