Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A&K Dragunov - Several Problems

Ok,

Just got an A&K Dragunov with several problems. I want to know if it's worth/possible to fix these things, or if I should enter refund negotiations with the seller.

Problem 1:
    Rear Screw missing from hop unit. This is the one that holds the round in the chamber. Does this exist on the market? Not much luck on google.

Problem 2: Rounds not clearing the chamber
    It seems when firing the round is pushed past the hop rubber, but no further. It seems the round gets stuck, either in the barrel or in the hop.
    I've cleaned the barrel and hop, so it's not that, but it seems either the round can't leave the barrel, either because of air pressure or it's getting physically stuck on the hop.

Problem 3: In another thread I've already noted, the bulb for the PSO Scope is missing. I can get hold of this though, so no big deal.

Resolution with the seller if it can't be fixed or the parts can't be sourced:

Option A: Seller pays for cost of parts/labour/repair.

Option B: Return entire item to the seller for full refund.
    I don't like this option, as I still want a Dragunov. The scope is good quality, and the sniper came with the wood kit.

Option C: Request partial refund towards the cost of a new A&K Dragunov (since the current one is a dud), on which I can use the wood kit and scope already purchased from the supplier. If option A isn't a possibility, this is my preffered option.

Please let me know what you think.
    Thanks

Re: A&K Dragunov - Several Problems

7 problems?,
    Ask for a refund.

Comment

Originally posted by Razur View Post
      7 problems?,
      Ask for a refund.
      Well 3 problems, but the point still stands. I've messaged the seller, so I'll see what he says. It seems the hop screw probably can't be sourced. Not sure on the other problems.

I've made an offer to the seller, to see if we can come to an agreement. Let's see what happens.

Comment

At risk of starting an argument.....

I know the guy you brought this sniper of and i know for a FACT! it worked perfect! :S these problems have confused me as much as him. the only problem that makes sence is the scope, he thought it just needed batteries as it was like that when he brought it. The fact its not feeding is strange as he played a whole game with it at delta force with NO problems! you can come visit the site for a game and everyone will comfirm the gun was working fine :S. you cannot expect a refund as it is very clear you have taken it apart and broke it in the process.....

EDITE: If you had brought the gun new from a shop they would tell you the same thing :S
        sigpic

Airsoft.... Like Paintball, but for MEN!

Comment

Screw that holds the bb in? Thought it was pushed in to the hop up unit and held between the o ring and air nozzle? Can someone correct me if that's wrong?

Also have you adjusted the hop since you got it ? There's a chance it's set too high and not allowing the bb through.
          . .

Comment

the back grub screw stops the bb from rolling backwards out the barrel, its sandwiched between a grub and the hop bucking, as for jamming is the hop up on too much? that it physically cannot allow the bb to go past?
            Originally posted by Montesa77
            F**K alcohol!

See little point in it myself.
            Originally posted by hunter101
            In RUSSIA alcohol sees little point in you!!

Comment

find out what the sellers bb's were and buy a bag, try them,

yours maybe shitty

like my psg1 would only fire on z1 .25's it would jam on anything else, even z1 .20's it would jam

Comment

The rifle arrived with a tub of Z1 0.35, which do not work. It also does not work with the 0.2 and 0.25's that I have (Guarder I think).

It ARRIVED not working, which is why is removed the top hatch to check the hop, and to assist in cleaning the barrel and the hop. It was at this point I noticed the missing screw.

I have tried firing with the hop grub screw entirely removed, so it's defiantly not that. It is possible that the hop rubber is causing an issue, but I do not know. I will be communicating with the seller and offering to open the rifle and change the hop rubber to see if that is the cause.

Even if that can be fixed (and I am hesitant to try given the second issue) the rear most grub screw is entirely missing.

Also the problem with the scope, although I am willing to put that aside since it's not too important.

I guess we shall see.
                Last edited by Ajhayter; 29 July, 2011, 18:57.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Ajhayter Rookie Airsofter, regular motorcylist, avid gamer! Find out more about Ajhayter
                Working...
                X